Help deciding GPU

cmhforron

I am building a new PC and am struggling with picking the GPU. 

this is the build so far,

7700X, X670E PG Lightning MB, G.Skill Flare X5 DDR5-6000 16Gbx2, ASUS ROG Thor 850 Certified 850W PSU, samsung 980 PRO 1tb.

I keep going back and forth, on which GPU to get.

looking at possible 6750xt, 3060ti, 3070ti, 6800xt. I have considered used market but have never bought used so not sure I want to go that route. 

I have a samsung odyssey g7 32" that i am looking to drive. Current setup is an ancient i5-4690k with a 970..... so this will be a large improvement. 

I usually just play FPS games (tarkov, apex, cod) and wanting to get into some RTS games.

The budget i was targeting for this build was ~1500 and I have spent about 800 so far. I can raise that budget slightly but not sure what my best option is, I am located in the US if that matters. 

1 minute ago, Tomberry said:

i would go amd

any concerns with driver issues? i know i have read about them in the past, but never ran AMD so not sure if its just squeaky wheels. 

Just now, Tomberry said:

it should still boot. is it a new system? or are you upgrading did u ddu your old gpu dirvers

brand new build, more along the lines of issues with games and the gpu driver compatibility. I've read about issues before. 

1 minute ago, cmhforron said:

brand new build, more along the lines of issues with games and the gpu driver compatibility. I've read about issues before. 

oops thought i was replying to a different thread.  i have used a amd gpu for a while no issues they are very uncommon now adays i had more issues with my nvidia gpu. unless u want raytrasing amd is a better value

5 hours ago, Tomberry said:

oops thought i was replying to a different thread.  i have used a amd gpu for a while no issues they are very uncommon now adays i had more issues with my nvidia gpu. unless u want raytrasing amd is a better value

these were the two 6750xt cards i was looking at. you think those are solid or should i bump it up to the 6800?

https://www.newegg.com/msi-rx-6750-xt-gaming-x-trio-12g/p/N82E16814137734?Description=6750 xt&cm_re=6750_xt-_-14-137-734-_-Product

https://www.newegg.com/MSI-RX-6750-XT-MECH-2X-12G-OC/p/14-137-735

10 hours ago, cmhforron said:

if your playing at 1080p no. it depends on what you want. the 6750 should be fine for 1080and 1440