swapping gpu's and their drivers

tautvydas

so in my excitement over getting a new gpu, and it fitting in my case (just barely took a while )  i forgot to DDU my old GPU drivers.

from what iv seen there shouldnt be any problems when booting up the system and doing it with a new gpu, but the generation gap in this case is quite extreme since i went from GT9500 to RTX 2070 super.

can this cause any issues if i boot up windows with im guessing almost decade old drivers for gt9500 with my rtx 2070 super.  all i want to do without reinstalling the gpu is to download latest drivers from nvidia and boot into safe mode for ddu to cleanse old drivers.

7 minutes ago, tautvydas said:

so in my excitement over getting a new gpu, and it fitting in my case (just barely took a while )  i forgot to DDU my old GPU drivers.

from what iv seen there shouldnt be any problems when booting up the system and doing it with a new gpu, but the generation gap in this case is quite extreme since i went from GT9500 to RTX 2070 super.

can this cause any issues if i boot up windows with im guessing almost decade old drivers for gt9500 with my rtx 2070 super.  all i want to do without reinstalling the gpu is to download latest drivers from nvidia and boot into safe mode for ddu to cleanse old drivers.

AFAIK, DDU is only needed when you're switching from an AMD GPU to a Nvidia one and the other way around. Just get the newest driver and you should be fine. But you can do it with your new GPU too, just boot straight to safe mode with DDU