Almost Finished My Setup

Hainoki

It's took me a while but finally got my setup where I want it! Use my home office for work and for gaming. Two of the screens are hooked up through a KVM to switch between my main machine and my work laptop (dell precision) which sits under the desk underneath a pile of headphones, the top screen is on a KVM between my hackintosh and my Macbook air M1 (also hidden under the desk) , the right screen is always hooked up to my main machine, along with a secondary keyboard and mouse.

The Main machine is wall mounted, on a frame I made from 2020 aluminium extrusion and 9mm MDF, I plan on getting a plexiglass front to finish that off. It is my first custom hardloop with twin 480mm radiators (just to fill up the space)

on the back of the frame is a USB-C hub, and I run 2 6m USB extensions under the desk to two 4 port hubs that allow me to plug in all the accessories 

For audio input I have both a blue snowball mic, and a Behringer c-2 which connects via a focusrite Scarlett 2i2, for audio output I use a pair of Razer Nari Ultimate's, which I got for free because the earcups had snapped off, so I 3d printed new ones! I converted the dongle to be usb-c as the original one only made contact with the pins if you put something heavy on it. 

I have the quest 2 hanging from a 3d printed mount screwed into the pc case frame, The quest 2 a 3d printed head strap and battery bank holder, to hold the extra 10,000mah battery. 

I also 3d printed adapters to fit prescription lens from my spare glasses

Underneath is my DIY sim racing wheel, with full force feedback and software limited rotation, allowing me to choose anywhere between 540 and 2560 degrees rotation. It also had a 3d printed 6 speed shifter that mounts to the front of the desk, that uses sea salt mechanical switches.

The Keyboard is a modified £20 mechanical keyboard, I got given some Cherry Mx Blues from a friend who gave up on making his own keyboard, so rather than let them go to waste, I bought the cheapest mechanical keyboard I could find on amazon and replaced all the terrible linear switches!

I made the desk from Aluminium extrusions and 9mm Plywood, to maximise the space, the desk sits 82cm from the ground giving me ample storage space underneath. 

The 4 monitors are mounted to the wall with a mount i made from, you guessed it, aluminium extrusions and some right angle brackets, when i first put this up i didn't use screws that were long enough and it fell off the wall destroying 4 monitors which i replaced with 
a 32" Samsung G5 running at 120hz 1440p G-sync compatible
2 x 1080p 27" AOC 240hz freesync monitors
and a trusty old BenQ GW2760 which I've had for a decade!

The wall mount is fully adjustable, allowing me to push the monitors flat with the wall to utilize more desk space when required. The monitors are attached with 3d printed quick release Vesa  adaptors that allow me to just lift them off when I need even more space on the desk.

On the right side of my room is my trusty ender 5 that's allowed me to print everything from the draw slides and door runners for the storage underneath it, to my sim racing stuff, and supports that hold the monitors and gaming pc to the wall, as well as the frame for a custom 3d printed I'm designing with tool changing capabilities. 

All that's left to do is to paint the walls and top up the loop and I think I'm done tinkering for a while!

1817065540_WhatsAppImage2022-09-17at14_33.07(1).thumb.jpeg.ac6365e7fea6c8a01a0ed9ff39342c51.jpeg
2139287740_WhatsAppImage2022-09-17at14_33.07(2).thumb.jpeg.85ed935b85efd53412200a19e89c8273.jpeg947047160_WhatsAppImage2022-09-17at14_33_07.thumb.jpeg.13703b0e11098909885cf847c413bcb0.jpeg

Main Machine :
MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 3800x @ 4.5ghz all core
32gb Corsair Vengeance @ 3400ghz
 Zotac 2080
WD Black 1tb m.2

Hackintosh:
I7 - 7700k
16gb Corsair Vengeance
1tb Sandisk sata SSD 
MSI RX480

Extras