Jump to content

Pc keeps on crashing

So I have recently upgraded my pc, a  r3 3100 to a r7 3700x. It was all fine before I installed a 980 Samsung M.2 ssd. Now my pc keeps on randomly crashing, this is my second clean windows install, for reference, I have an Asrock MATX A320/ac motherboard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dat_White_Boi447 said:

So I have recently upgraded my pc, a  r3 3100 to a r7 3700x. It was all fine before I installed a 980 Samsung M.2 ssd. Now my pc keeps on randomly crashing, this is my second clean windows install, for reference, I have an Asrock MATX A320/ac motherboard

Most of the a series boards don’t have enough VRM for an 8 core.  You may have serious VRM overheating issues. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any way to combat it? I've tried all max fans, but still crashes, thermal pads maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Dat_White_Boi447 said:

Any way to combat it? I've tried all max fans, but still crashes, thermal pads maybe?

Heat sinks on the VRM and specific fans actually pointed at the VRM maybe.  Only maybe though. If it was trivially easy to fix b series boards wouldn’t exist.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

 

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2022 at 1:23 AM, Bombastinator said:

Most of the a series boards don’t have enough VRM for an 8 core.  You may have serious VRM overheating issues. 

I don’t think it’s that though, it was running fine before I installed a new m.2 ssd. A 980 Samsung

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×