Replacing a laptop screen

Hello everyone,

I learned via Linus that a laptop replacement screen isn't too hard to do. In the video he showed how and what to look for when yoiu buy a screen.

Sadly in the video there is no explanation on how to find the technical information of a laptop (what screen they use and all the connectors).

How would i find someting like that? I have an ROG Swift 15 G513 laptop. I cant really find it on Asus's website therefore i am here.

Thanks in advance for any information or tips on how to dint it.

Well, you could search "ROG Swift 15 G513 screen" on eBay, you'll probably find one. Now, if Linus said the repair process isn't too hard... well, I kinda disagree with modern laptops. Most, you have to disassemble much more of the laptop than just the screen and it can be a full hour process. But if you're up for it, you could do it yourself

I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast. I don't know everything.

HGST Ultrastar: The last HDD you'll ever need to buy (and the one I always recommend).

Schrödinger's CPU: The Q9650. Is it irrelevant? Is it not? 

Quite literally type the model into ebay (the specifc model number thats on the sticker as g513 isnt the full one) and add screen to it. Youll get results.

Thanks for the tips on ebay. Since it's not a site i've erver used it didn't cross my mind.

I have indeed found numerous replacements with ease.