Laptop with dedicated GPU

Go to solution Solved by jaslion,
2 minutes ago, XiiRadovicV said:

Thanks for the quick reply,

I have a link for the exact item

https://www.ebuyer.com/947797-medion-erazer-x15805-core-i7-16gb-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-rtx-2070-30026384

Oh ok these. They can just about cool themselves, the screen and speakers are very very mediocre and battery life is quite garbage. Not a bad laptop for 600 pounds but also it's not good like at all compared to current day 1000$ machines.

Good afternoon,

So I currently have a desktop which I hardly use at the moment, I am finding that I am need something that's more portable, I use it for gaming but also my degree in Cyber Security which involves coding and digital creation etc. 

I currently have:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus GTX 1060 OC

16GB Crucial RAM

ASRock B450 MB

Now I am looking at trading in my device for a laptop with a dedicated GPU at least a 20 series card, looking at thunderbolt as I have a HD that I want to use with an enclosure etc with the aim of eventually making it into a NAS. 

The place I use is going to have a look and see what he can get for me, and will take off trade in for the desktop. He has one in the shop which is Medion Erasure with 2070 at around £600. 

It's not a brand I have heard of before and wanted to see what others thought, also if you have any others you could recommend that would be in that price range although I don't mind paying a little extra to upgrade so would be happy with an older laptop that would give me more for money.

Thankyou 

14 minutes ago, XiiRadovicV said:

Good afternoon,

So I currently have a desktop which I hardly use at the moment, I am finding that I am need something that's more portable, I use it for gaming but also my degree in Cyber Security which involves coding and digital creation etc. 

I currently have:

Ryzen 5 3600

Asus GTX 1060 OC

16GB Crucial RAM

ASRock B450 MB

Now I am looking at trading in my device for a laptop with a dedicated GPU at least a 20 series card, looking at thunderbolt as I have a HD that I want to use with an enclosure etc with the aim of eventually making it into a NAS. 

The place I use is going to have a look and see what he can get for me, and will take off trade in for the desktop. He has one in the shop which is Medion Erasure with 2070 at around £600. 

It's not a brand I have heard of before and wanted to see what others thought, also if you have any others you could recommend that would be in that price range although I don't mind paying a little extra to upgrade so would be happy with an older laptop that would give me more for money.

Thankyou 

What are the other specs? Do you have a picture? For the 2000 series medion basically used of the shelf parts for their systems. Their choice were a couple clevo chassis with mixed results

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

What are the other specs? Do you have a picture? For the 2000 series medion basically used of the shelf parts for their systems. Their choice were a couple clevo chassis with mixed results

https://www.ebuyer.com/947797-medion-erazer-x15805-core-i7-16gb-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-rtx-2070-30026384

2 minutes ago, XiiRadovicV said:

Oh ok these. They can just about cool themselves, the screen and speakers are very very mediocre and battery life is quite garbage. Not a bad laptop for 600 pounds but also it's not good like at all compared to current day 1000$ machines.