Weird Beep Codes on Startup

Vortex88

I've got kind of a weird situation going on with some motherboard beep codes when I first start my PC. I just recently upgraded both my GPU and CPU to an RTX 3080 and Ryzen 7 5800X3D. I've found that ever since the upgrade, my motherboard will give me one long beep and three short beeps. After looking it up online, it would appear that this is a GPU error on startup. The weird thing is, though, that after the beep code, the PC will start normally with no problems. The beep code also is not consistent and will not occur every time I start the PC. After a little trial and error, I was able to determine that the beep code will only trigger if my monitor is still off when I press the PC's power button. If I turn my monitor on before my PC, I only get the normal, single, quick beep indicating everything is fine. Windows ends up booting fine whether the beep code is triggered or not, which I find weird. Is it possible that the GPU just does not detect a display, since the monitor is powered off, and then triggers the beep code?

I thought that maybe it could be because I'm using an RTX 3080 with a 600 watt SFX power supply, but I was able to find multiple forum posts and videos online confirming that the Corsair SF600 works just fine with the RTX 3080, even despite any sudden power spikes. I've also been able to run the PC fine while stress testing AIDA64 and Furmark simultaneously. Temperatures and power draw seemed to be normal and within the spec of my PSU according to HWiNFO64. No throttling. I've also played a couple of hours of Cyberpunk 2077 with the settings pretty much maxed out with RTX on and DLSS set to balanced. So far I haven't had any issues with the system trying to draw too much power and shutting down, so I don't think it's a power issue. Corsair just seems to make really robust power supplies.

I also updated the BIOS to the most recent version and made sure that the XMP/DOCP memory profile was detected properly. I also made sure to turn on resizable bar.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing the beep error codes? I just find it strange that the beep codes only trigger if the monitor is still off when I first start my PC and that Windows still boots regardless of whether a beep code triggers or not.

Here are my PC specs if they're helpful:

MOBO: Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro Wifi

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

CPU Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 w/ 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans installed

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16GB x2 @3600mhz 14-15-15-35

GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 12GB XC3 Ultra Gaming

PSU: Corsair SF600

SSD: Corsair MP510 2TB NVME

Case: NCase M1

Case Fans: 2x Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM and 1x Noctua NF-A9 PWM

Mine does this when I turn the monitor on at just the right/wrong time during post, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

16 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

Mine does this when I turn the monitor on at just the right/wrong time during post, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I just thought it was really odd. I've never encountered it in any of the builds I've put together since 2008.

1 hour ago, Vortex88 said:

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I just thought it was really odd. I've never encountered it in any of the builds I've put together since 2008.

it also used to do it a lot more frequently with my old screen via hdmi, became a lot less common on dp. what cable do you use?

4 hours ago, bmx6454 said:

it also used to do it a lot more frequently with my old screen via hdmi, became a lot less common on dp. what cable do you use?

DP. Maybe plugging the cable into a different DP on the card will make a difference though. I haven't tried that.

****Update****

Just tried a different DP. No difference.