restart behavior changes after memory overclock

I recently overclocked my DDR4 ram from 2400 to 2933. I'm using a Gigabyte Z270-HD3P-CF motherboard with 2 Crucial CT8G4DFD824A.C16FBD1 8GB sticks. Just a heads up, I'm using Linux. Everything holds up well to a memtest86 run as well as a couple hours of stressapptest followed by some gaming. The only weird side effect I'm noticing is in the reboot phase. Before, a reboot would be relatively smooth. The light would stay on and the fans would stay consistent. After adding the overclock, I'm noticing that the machine does almost a hard rest now. The power light goes out and the fans nearly stop, then it ramps up a few extra seconds before settling down and posting. I've checked to make sure that my clocks and voltage are holding using both the bios and dmidecode. Is this normal? I'm running my DRAM voltage at 1.33 and VCCIO at 1.08. Does this sound like I need more or less voltage? I also have my training voltage on auto. Should I consider setting that?

May be memory training at each restart, but not sure if there's a setting to change that on your particular motherboard. 

But if all your stability testing passes and no other issues, you could leave well enough alone too.

I do have a memory training option available. Its currently on auto, mostly because I'm not quite sure how to best set that up. Would I want the memory training voltage to be the same, or less than my DRAM voltage?

part of me is like, eh, its fine. The other part of me knows I'll probably tinker with it eventually.

3 minutes ago, blue_dreams said:

I do have a memory training option available. Its currently on auto, mostly because I'm not quite sure how to best set that up. Would I want the memory training voltage to be the same, or less than my DRAM voltage?

part of me is like, eh, its fine. The other part of me knows I'll probably tinker with it eventually.

Yeah, like I was saying, there maybe a setting specifically to train every restart.

However I don't have any Gigabyte hardware to actually confirm this. But pretty sure I've seen it in one of my asus boards.

But, I like smooth restarts too. My thought is its training ever restart (Not cold post) because perhaps it doesn't like some secondary timings.

That said, you can view the SPD of the XMP profile while in bios. Then go to your timings and check to be sure the board has them set correctly. Some boards on auto will set higher or lower the tRC for example.