Ryzen 9 5900X with ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 Idol temp over 60°C

I bought this cooler because I thought my cpu would run cooler, but now the cpu in the idol is over 60°C.
is it normal with my cpu or is there something wrong? 
my room temperature is 32°C i live in germany if this info helps 
the second picture shows how my airflow is in my pc case i have modified the AIO in such a way that it draws the air from the outside into the pc case

image.png

20220725_152044.jpg

Try removing the side & front panel from the case.

I also see a max of 92c. Is that under load?

That's an odd airflow pattern, exhausting out of the top would make more sense. 

That being said lets ditch that unreliable HWMonitor and grab the trusted HWInfo and re-check.

Get us temps at TRUE idle and max load. 

2 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Try removing the side & front panel from the case.

I also see a max of 92c. Is that under load?

the 60°C is not under Load im only on my desktop and i get 60°C

9 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

That's an odd airflow pattern, exhausting out of the top would make more sense. 

That being said lets ditch that unreliable HWMonitor and grab the trusted HWInfo and re-check.

Get us temps at TRUE idle and max load. 

image.png.bcd97755a507c9b6ff5151a53efa4e59.png

Well what is your case. I don't get to see a single mesh panel/opening from that pov

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Just now, Gabimon said:

image.png.bcd97755a507c9b6ff5151a53efa4e59.png

Don't have a 5900X myself but I'm pretty your lows are really high. 58C is the coldest it got which is idle? My 2700X often maxes out at 55C in games with a 280mm AIO in a somewhat restrictive case.

Just to do the basics outside of case airflow, sure you have applied thermal paste?

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Just now, venomtail said:

Don't have a 5900X myself but I'm pretty your lows are really high. 58C is the coldest it got which is idle? My 2700X often maxes out at 55C in games with a 280mm AIO in a somewhat restrictive case.

Just to do the basics outside of case airflow, sure you have applied thermal paste?

yes i have applied thermal paste

Just now, Gabimon said:

yes i have applied thermal paste

Next check the pump. Is it working? The fans spinning and water pump actually moving the water around?

I'd be checking my mount / thermal paste application. Is the pump operating at max? Technically speaking while the airflow setup isn't great for the overall system, at the moment since you have fresh air coming in through the top through the rad, the CPU shouldn't be suffering. Focusing on that would be a mistake.

I changed the AIO fan orientation as an air exit now testing the temps 

its bether at max temp now im 88°C insted of 95°C under load

butt in idol im stil at over 60°C

HWinfo.PNG

48 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

I'd be checking my mount / thermal paste application. Is the pump operating at max? Technically speaking while the airflow setup isn't great for the overall system, at the moment since you have fresh air coming in through the top through the rad, the CPU shouldn't be suffering. Focusing on that would be a mistake.

24 minutes ago, Gabimon said:

I changed the AIO fan orientation as an air exit now testing the temps 

10 minutes ago, Gabimon said:

its bether at max temp now im 88°C insted of 95°C under load

butt in idol im stil at over 60°C

HWinfo.PNG

this is what i did

• 6 months later...

Hi there @Gabimon did u have any luck trying to find any workaround here? the same thing is happening to me and im almost getting nuts trying to find any solution....

2 hours ago, Dalladaniel said:

Hi there @Gabimon did u have any luck trying to find any workaround here? the same thing is happening to me and im almost getting nuts trying to find any solution....

There is no workaround. A properly mounted and functioning cooler will have no issue. This thread is 6 months old, you should probably make a new one.

14 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

There is no workaround. A properly mounted and functioning cooler will have no issue. This thread is 6 months old, you should probably make a new one.

the weird thing is i have a nice case (cosmos 700 and a really good cooler arctic II 360) and still get that kind of temperatures...

2 hours ago, Dalladaniel said:

the weird thing is i have a nice case (cosmos 700 and a really good cooler arctic II 360) and still get that kind of temperatures...

Which is a clear indication that you either have a malfunction cooler, poor thermal paste application, poor mount or simply a misunderstanding of what stock Zen3’s temperature range is. If you make your own thread we can help you. 

• 9 months later...

This might be dumb but did you guys validated that the plastic sticker in the AIO cooper contact was removed?