Possible computer build upgrade

Budget (including currency): Under $1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Gaming and possibly some SolidWorks use. I have been playing games like Total War: Warhammer 2, the Riftbreaker, Doom eternal, Assassin Creeds games and Per Aspera like games.  

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hello Everyone,

Should I wait to build/ upgrade my PC until 4th generation GPU come out in the fall/spring?

My current build is:

Intel Core i5-6500 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Processor

ASRock H110M-ITX Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL16 Memory

MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB GAMING Video Card

Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case w/450 W Power Supply

I won’t be frequently using it coming fall due to going to school and not bringing it with me.

Two monitors current 

BenQ GW2765HT Eye Care 27 inch IPS 2560 x 1440p

ASUS VC239H 23" Full HD 1920 x 1080 D-Sub, DVI, HDMI Built-in Speakers Flicker Free Ultra-low Blue Light IPS Monitor

My computer is 5 years old. The games I play are not getting 60 FPS at 1920. And I want to use my 1440p for games at high and ultra-settings.

Thanks for help. 

If you can wait, I definitely would. RX 7000 + 13th gen / new Zen is probably the route I'd go for.

Expect 40 series cards around the start of next year, especially if you're going for some of the lower models like 4060 and 4050. Personally I'm waiting for Radeon 7000 series to release later this year, just hard to tell when the paper launch ends and where the ability to actually buy the GPU begins.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker