How are my temps ?

Mouse-Potato

Hi guys, I was wondering what you guys thought about my temps and voltages.

I recently ran a virus scan on my system and noticed that while doing this the temps were ramping up pretty high.

The processor is a 5950X with a H100i V2 for cooling.

Not sure what to make of the CCD#0 temp vs the CCD#1 

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks !

image.thumb.jpeg.b775e7e04de7fa64dfcc177ed9f5e399.jpeg

image.jpeg.78684893a7575b13934e324132857bfa.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Mouse-Potato said:

I recently ran a virus scan on my system and noticed that while doing this the temps were ramping up pretty high

Its not fine. Use HWinfo64 instead and run Cinebench 23 to test max temps. You can see if the CPU throttles and yes it will. What cooler are you using?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Its not fine. Use HWinfo64 instead and run Cinebench 23 to test max temps. You can see if the CPU throttles and yes it will. What cooler are you using?

I’m not the author lol but he said a H100i V2

31 minutes ago, alex.ausmus said:

I’m not the author lol but he said a H100i V2

😄 didn't recognize that thanks

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, Mouse-Potato said:

I recently ran a virus scan on my system and noticed that while doing this the temps were ramping up pretty high.

The processor is a 5950X with a H100i V2 for cooling.

Not sure what to make of the CCD#0 temp vs the CCD#1 

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks !

H100i V2 is not optimized for 5000 series thats why. You'll need another cooler with a different cool plate design. You might improove cooling a little bit, if you change thermal paste. I can recommend Arctic liquid freezer II 240 to 420. A good middle ground is the 280 if you lack space.

FS in Denmark/EU:

Hi Mouse-Potato,

A Corsair H100i V2, now that takes me back. However as DoctorNick said, the Artic Liquid Freezer II's are very effective for their price, although they do have a pump design which can be cumbersome at times to install. Another option would be the EK offerings which are reviewed as highly by GamersNexus as the afore mentioned Artic II's.

Have you also seen if you can maintain max boost clocks with a sub 1.3 core voltage? The Ryzen 5950X responds well temp wise to voltage tweaking, you could of course do down the route of individual core offsets as well if you fancied tinkering.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 11:45 AM, DoctorNick said:

H100i V2 is not optimized for 5000 series thats why. You'll need another cooler with a different cool plate design. You might improove cooling a little bit, if you change thermal paste. I can recommend Arctic liquid freezer II 240 to 420. A good middle ground is the 280 if you lack space.

Hey, thanks for your reply and sorry for the late replay, I was out of town and just got back.

Weird that the H100i doesn't cut it but the Arctic one would.

I ordered some MX-5 and just down volted the VCore on the CPU so it stays under 1.4V now. Not much chage temp wise. With HWinfo 64 i'm seeing spikes to 95°C even after downvolting (it is like 90 degrees in my apartment though at times so that doesn't help)

Would a 280 rad fit in the 011 Dynamic ? I didn't thinkanything over 120mm variants would work.

On 7/7/2022 at 4:15 PM, DarthNerd said:

Hi Mouse-Potato,

A Corsair H100i V2, now that takes me back. However as DoctorNick said, the Artic Liquid Freezer II's are very effective for their price, although they do have a pump design which can be cumbersome at times to install. Another option would be the EK offerings which are reviewed as highly by GamersNexus as the afore mentioned Artic II's.

Have you also seen if you can maintain max boost clocks with a sub 1.3 core voltage? The Ryzen 5950X responds well temp wise to voltage tweaking, you could of course do down the route of individual core offsets as well if you fancied tinkering.

Thanks,

Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't around for the past week, but thank you for your response !

I downclocked the speed by using the offset setting in my Bios, not sure that's the best way to go about it, I watched Optimum Tech's video on Youtube and did what he did.

Would it just be better to go with a full custom loop kit from EK in this case, I'm debating that or just an aircooler, but i hate cooling with recirculating heat coming from the GPU.

I've also looked at some of the Alphacool options as well, the build quality seems really good but that's just a perception so not too sure iftrue..

Tanks again for your response