PC doesn't boot in dual channel? (help me pl ease)

Hi guys, I just made this account because I'm not really sure where to turn but here's what's going on. I'll try not to keep it too long but I wanna really explain what's going on

I upgraded my Cpu from an r5 3600 to 3800x so that I can do more productivity stuff as I'm getting into that now, old build as listed:

R5 3600 -> R7 3800x

4x4GB 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance -> 2x8B 3200mhz T-Force VulcanZ (not necessary but is an option)

Msi B350 Tomahawk

GTX 1660

650W PSU

Been on the newest BIOS for a while as well (I dont feel comfortable installing the beta BIOS they have now)

So first I put the 3800x in with the old RAM... no POST, the board has debug lights and 2 lights both for CPU and RAM turned on. Idk if it helps diagnose, but my case fans turned into a jet engine whenever those lights were on

Then the T-Force (in dual channel slot 2 & 4, the first channel labeled on the board) and took the old RAM out , I got in BIOS but couldn't get to windows. It just ended up crashing. This only happened once by the way, every other time no POST with the same lights turned on

Put just one of the sticks in (Slot 2) and it booted like it never had a problem. Then tried dual channel again but in the other channel (slot 1 & 3) , no POST and the same lights wind turbine and all. 

Then I had the weird idea to just throw the RAM in slot 1 and 2, it booted fine and I played csgo for the rest of the night so it was pretty stable. But I'm pretty sure I want dual channel in my life

Woke up and tried slot 3 and 4 on their own (1 stick in each, both taken up, even booted my pc a few times slowly adding even the old sticks of ram which could also only use slots 1 and 2 to get a POST) no POST if slots 3 OR 4 are occupied at all

Thought my motherboard was broken so I threw my old cpu in and pretty much went back to the old build, all the old ram and everything... it boots as if nothings wrong. So the slots work and cpu-z says dual channel works

What's going on then?

It's weird because to be honest I bought the 3800x second hand, but I saw it working in the sellers house with a full motherboards worth of RAM before buying

I've tried loosening the cpu cooler, theres no bent pins, I've cleared CMOS, and I've done a whole lot of turning it off and on again

Thank you in advance :)

Sounds like your 3800x is having issues to communicate with Slots 3 and 4 what soever. As they still work without a problem with the 3600 its probably on the 3800xs end. I ve had a similar/ish problem with PCIe lanes on my old Computer. My I7 one random day just refused to boot as soon as any form of PCIE device would be plugged in (which of cause isnt ideal for a gaming computer) and could only run on integrated graphics. With an i5 i borrowed from a friend the system ran just fine with the same GPU...

14 minutes ago, Allmonor said:

Sounds like your 3800x is having issues to communicate with Slots 3 and 4 what soever. As they still work without a problem with the 3600 its probably on the 3800xs end. I ve had a similar/ish problem with PCIe lanes on my old Computer. My I7 one random day just refused to boot as soon as any form of PCIE device would be plugged in (which of cause isnt ideal for a gaming computer) and could only run on integrated graphics. With an i5 i borrowed from a friend the system ran just fine with the same GPU...

Should i test the 3800x on my brothers ryzen build? It has an x570 board

2 minutes ago, alejandrov03 said:

Should i test the 3800x on my brothers ryzen build? It has an x570 board

I mean, sure, if you have the option to, and additional test bench is always helpful. If it doesnt work on there as well its the CPU for sure, if it works however... that would make the situation a bit more tricky xD

11 hours ago, Allmonor said:

I mean, sure, if you have the option to, and additional test bench is always helpful. If it doesnt work on there as well its the CPU for sure, if it works however... that would make the situation a bit more tricky xD

So just thought I’d give and update and it seems ive lost a real one today. Very lame and random way to go but basically i got home from work and turned the pc on, all it did today was be used to write the initial post but 3 lights came on. Ram, VGA and Boot. And nothing happened. Took forever for the pc to be turned off and then after that nothing in the pc receives power. It wont turn on nothing spins or moves. Its now a rock lol. Taking this to Canada computers in the morning