getting another m.2 ssd

Luke Coll

I want to get another m.2 ssd but I'm fairly new to the pc world so I have no clue what's good any help would be great.

Budget? Any idea how much storage you'll need and what it's for? Also, what's your motherboard for compatibility checks.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Looking for 1 or 2 TB with budget of 200-300 nzd and mobo is a gigabyte b550m and mostly for gaming

Not sure if you can order for Australian Amazon but it was just the easiest place to look.

Hope I got the pricing right with the exchange rates but all of those should be wicked fast compared to a regular HDD and a lot faster than a SATA SSD. I have a Samsung 970 EVO Plus and a 980 (not Pro) and I can confirm that they are amazingly fast, haven't had an issue with either. I'd personally recommend Samsung but the other two brands are still quality.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

5 hours ago, saladcrack said:

Hope I got the pricing right with the exchange rates but all of those should be wicked fast compared to a regular HDD and a lot faster than a SATA SSD.

The P2 isn't, since it changed the hardware from using TLC flash first and now QLC one it got worse in terms of performance (post-SLC it does 40 MB/s as you can see from Tom's Hardware review) and endurance. The A2000 is still decent, especially for the fact that it doesn't lack of DRAM as many drives in this price range do, but there are other drives with a good price with more or less the same performance like the SN570