motherboard help

I need to have both wi-fi and Bluetooth support on the system. was planning to use an b550 a pro but can' figure out if it has Bluetooth. And to confuse myself even more I am going to be running Linux mint. here is the parts list. Can anyone tell me if it's going to all play nicely or if im going to have to change something. Am going to buy this stuff tomorrow so i just need to make sure it's going to work.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7TmZcb

It doesn't, but you can use an E-key M.2 slot for a wifi card. I use a USB dongle myself. 1200mbps and rarely has issues. The thing about onboard wifi is that if it has issues or breaks, you have to RMA / replace the whole board. Better to compartmentalize it modular-like. Less problem if something has an issue.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

It doesn't, but you can use an E-key M.2 slot for a wifi card. I use a USB dongle myself. 1200mbps and rarely has issues. The thing about onboard wifi is that if it has issues or breaks, you have to RMA / replace the whole board. Better to compartmentalize it modular-like. Less problem if something has an issue.

I'm thinking about it now and, I don't need Bluetooth. the only thing that I have that is Bluetooth is some headphones. but dealing with windows Bluetooth for so long, I rarely use it and just plug them in with a wire. And for Wi-Fi, as long as that dongle works (and is relatively fast), I'm going to use it. going to try and leave the m.2 open for the future. 512gb SSD is good, but only a start.

4 minutes ago, Novasandfriends said:

I'm thinking about it now and, I don't need Bluetooth. the only thing that I have that is Bluetooth is some headphones. but dealing with windows Bluetooth for so long, I rarely use it and just plug them in with a wire. And for Wi-Fi, as long as that dongle works (and is relatively fast), I'm going to use it. going to try and leave the m.2 open for the future. 512gb SSD is good, but only a start.

Forgot to mention my dongle does Bluetooth too, and it works quite well. 3.0 or 3.2 ports for best results. I've had two card-based deals and they both failed. My USB dongle works flawlessly. I think the only time it has issues is when there is a signal problem to start with. Bluetooth connects every time and files transfer quick.

This isn't the exact one I have, but one much like it, and it's a little faster too, I think. I have mine on a USB extension cable run up under the machine from the rear so that the PC case shrouds and protects it but it still gets good signal.

https://www.amazon.com/BluetooPowerful-Bluetooth-Adapter-Network-Internal/dp/B07K2VJL25/ref=sr_1_24?crid=3ERFZKNOYCZ9C&keywords=fast+usb+wifi+bluetooth+dongle&qid=1653794345&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A5662320011\c5662324011\c5928098011&rnid=5662319011&s=pc&sprefix=fast+usb+wifi+bluetooth+dongle%2Caps%2C55&sr=1-24

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

@Novasandfriends

What processor do you plan to use? And you can get larger M.2s than 256 or 512GB. I have a 1TB myself. And I think some models offer 2TB. I prefer the SN570 WD Blue series. Hands down best bang for the buck IMO. Some people really like the Samsung 960 / 970 but I've seen some issues with those.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

11 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

@Novasandfriends

What processor do you plan to use? And you can get larger M.2s than 256 or 512GB. I have a 1TB myself. And I think some models offer 2TB. I prefer the SN570 WD Blue series. Hands down best bang for the buck IMO. Some people really like the Samsung 960 / 970 but I've seen some issues with those.

Ryzen 5 5600g for video editing. Will get a real GPU in the future. I know that I can get a larger SSD but don't have the money at the moment.

Just now, Novasandfriends said:

Ryzen 5 5600g for video editing. I know that I can get a larger SSD but don't have the money at the moment.

I'm trying to get off the i3111g4 at the moment. Witch has been annoying to use for the 6 months. Picked it out for the family because of the price and it having a SSD in it. There was a massive laptop shortage in my area at the time. family was using a massive Celeron based laptop with an old hardrive in it that took 5 min to boot. They didn't want to fix it and just get a new laptop.