GPU riser cable not working properly.

FriendlyVNUser

So, I recently bought a used Cooler Master vertical graphics card holder kit. Everything seems pretty normal when I first installed it on my PC. But the problem comes after I reinstalled it for the second times.

My PC won't boot up at all, even though it does in the first installed times. Keyboard and mouse have no signal, monitor DO detect some signal come from the GPU, but only display a black screen. I will assume that my pc don't even boot in to window.

I tried the second Pcie slot on my mobo, change the pcie speed in the bios (I don't remember well about it, smt about 8x8 I don't know for sure) and it work but with reduced bandwidth.

Can anyone know how can I fix the primary pcie slot, because the holder kit will not fit if I plug it in the second pcie slot completely, so consider it as a test only method.

Related specs:

mainboard: b450m steel legend

cpu: ryzen 5 2600

gpu: gtx 970 gaming X

PXL_20220528_123716310.jpg

In the motherboard BIOS, just put all PCIE-related settings on "Auto" first and see if the vertical gpu setting will already work.

And if I may ask, any reason why you removed the vertical gpu and re-installed it again? Did you upgrade anything? Like your motherboard?

I removed it in order to cut all of those bracket in the back of the case for more clearance. Do it to make it more easier to plug in all my display cables tho