Advice on first build

Budget (including currency): $1200 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Don't know what games I'll play bc it's my first PC. Will probably explore new games and such.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Anything that has a custom price is something I would get from microcenter, and they aren't on PC part picker. I will be starting this build in July or sometime in the summer and wanted some advice on the build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MpkNzf

If you aren't building until July, I'd wait on finalizing the GPU choice. By that point, cards might have plummeted in price - especially if the rumors of the 40 series launching in July turn out to be true.

I think you'd be better off getting non-RGB RAM and going with an RGB cooler, as you'll get a quieter, cooler system. You could trade the Trident Z for some Ripjaws or TeamGroup Vulcan Z and even get 3600 CL18 while spending over $20 less. Then you could pick up the Thermalright Assassin King 120 for around $30. (Another option could be the Vetroo V5 if it goes on sale, and get the LGA 1700 mounting bracket - the bracket kit is $8 and the Vetroo sometimes drops in price to around $25 - the white one on Newegg is $25 right now.)

Also, since you live near a Microcenter, you can get a better PSU for not much more. I just did a build with a friend of mine, and Microcenter had the EVGA Supernova 750 GT for just $80.

Otherwise, the build looks good! I think you made smart picks for the core components and I like the choice of the case - I've got the P300A, which is just a slightly smaller version of the P360A, and it's been great. Getting the extra fans is a good idea and will give you great airflow.

parts list looks good but i would recommend getting rid of the rgb fans as ur case has some already (this is up 2 u) you might have a look be able to find a mobo with inbuilt wifi that would be better and cheaper then getting the wifi card. also in the past i have had trouble setting up wifi cards with drivers and stuff. you probbably need an after market cooler other wise your cpu is going to over heat. other than that the list looks good.

I would say this:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=2MCC8d because the Intel stock cooler is hot garbage, the mobo you chose I would say b660 instead of h670 and the model you chose is not that good of a board. You can also save a buck by going with Lpx memory from Corsair. I also changes the gpu to a 3070 since you can get something much better at that price point than a 6650xt and the case is 4000d cause it’s good value with high airflow. And the psu is a Corsair cxf 750 watt model cause cxf psu always have a good price and aesthetics

3 hours ago, YoungBlade said:

If you aren't building until July, I'd wait on finalizing the GPU choice. By that point, cards might have plummeted in price - especially if the rumors of the 40 series launching in July turn out to be true.

I think you'd be better off getting non-RGB RAM and going with an RGB cooler, as you'll get a quieter, cooler system. You could trade the Trident Z for some Ripjaws or TeamGroup Vulcan Z and even get 3600 CL18 while spending over $20 less. Then you could pick up the Thermalright Assassin King 120 for around $30. (Another option could be the Vetroo V5 if it goes on sale, and get the LGA 1700 mounting bracket - the bracket kit is $8 and the Vetroo sometimes drops in price to around $25 - the white one on Newegg is $25 right now.)

Also, since you live near a Microcenter, you can get a better PSU for not much more. I just did a build with a friend of mine, and Microcenter had the EVGA Supernova 750 GT for just $80.

Otherwise, the build looks good! I think you made smart picks for the core components and I like the choice of the case - I've got the P300A, which is just a slightly smaller version of the P360A, and it's been great. Getting the extra fans is a good idea and will give you great airflow.

Thank you for the advice. I believe different Microcenters have different products. I checked my microcenters website but sadly the Supernova 750 GT was not in stock. I did furthur research on the cpu cooler and believe it would be a good idea to do that. I don't know how it will look with an argb cpu fan or rgb ram, but I do want to stick with a semi rgb theme, so I may even go with both.