Uh. Help?

My computer keeps crashing and you have to switch it off at the PSU to get it to turn on again. It's about 2 years old. Running an AMD phenom 945, 4gb ram and a single 5770. The 5770 is an XFX card, it runs extremely hot; Around 80 degrees when full load. Could it be overheating and crashing the computer? Also just today it got a blue screen and said something about shutting down? Any information would be very much appreciated. 

The side panel already off. I will check the fan and get back to you if that makes a difference. 

I'm new to this, dot? TiM? Also iv'e just cleaned the fan and it was on its side anyway so i could see it while it was working. Temps after cleaning are; 65 ish. Which is alot better than it was. I will let you knwo if it crashes again. If it doesn't i will feel stupid for not thinking of cleaning it first :I 

get bluescreen view and look at the dumplog 

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

the download is about 3/4 the way down the page.

it should highlight the error if you want zip the log and link it here.

from there you can start looking for a solution.

btw 80'c isnt hot its very warm for that card but its still 20+'c from throttling or shutting down.

you will want to clean out any dust with compressed air and increase your fanspeed about 10% across the board if you can. with something like msi afterburners fan contoler.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Okay it blue screened again. My sister wouldn't let me put that program on there because it's her hard drive or something stupid like that-.- Turned it on today and it was okay for a while then the monitor just turned off. No signal was being sent from the 5770 to the monitor. This is starting to annoy me now >.>

You can also get the STOP code by tapping the F8 key on start up. Disable automatic restart. Next BSoD the PC should just hang there instead of rebooting.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (Rev. 2.0)    Micron C400 256GB SSD     MSI GTX 660 Ti PE OC     Logitech G510

Intel i7 960 @ 4.125GHz                        WD Black 1TB                         Windows 7 Pro 64bit        Logitech G9x

Kingston HyperX 6GB                             Corsair TX850M                     Corsair H50                        Logitech z906

as nitrus points out turning off auto reboot will allow you to read your BSOD for the 0x0000000 error number and text.
it will typically give a 1 line error text like paging_none paged_area... you dont need the whole page just the basic error text.

you can then do 1 of 2 things. post it here and some 1 will link you to the microsoft knowledgebase, tell you what you need to fix or you can google the error number and error text yourself.

oh! yeah cup your sisters ear and shout "your an idiot" in it..(there was a wink emoto here but it crashed my page). that app is 1 of the best of its kind, is clean and safe or i wouldnt recommend it... seriously its a must have app of every self respecting techy...

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

I told her she should eat a toothbrush while listening to Justin Bieber; I think she got the message xD So no crashes so far, i added a desktop fan for luls then added one of my old case fans on it. 5770 now runs a whole 30 degrees cooler. From my time on Google I think it's one of three things; The cable from the gpu to the monitor or the gpu itself or the hard drive. Some forum somewhere said something about maybe a HDD issue so that's where i got that from. The monitor is fine and works with my PC i use but it still randomly cuts out, like it's in sleep but you can't wake it up without a reboot. So I Googled that and it said rather the cable or the GPU. So i'm waiting for it to do it again so i can change the cable and see if that helps. Also waiting for it to bsod so i can give the error code to you. If I don't post here it's fine and working properly. Thanks for the answers guys! 

if the monitor is switching off listen for a little click. it will be barely audible but likely there. if it is then it mat be the monitors power brick is dying. my hansg did the same about 6 weeks before it failed. the psu in it wasnt big enough to cope with the voltage over time.

the way i tested this was to turn the pc off and then the monitor, leave it off and turn the pc on. then when you hear the windows tone for desktop  (from your external speakers) hit the power on the monitor. now wait for it to go off again. this time unplug the cable from the monitor side do not hit the power button if its lit up as if the screen is on or in standby. wait 20 seconds and plug the cable back in. if it comes on it is likely the powerbrick in the monitor.

The monitor is fine, its a little 14 inch thing. I use it for a secondary monitor and never had any issues with it.