What's Wrong with this?

Lunacy

I have an i5-12600k with all P-cores and E-cores OC'd to 5Ghz and 4 ghz respectively, and CPU Vcore at 1.380V

My CPU cooler is an arctic liquid freezer II 280mm top mounted

And my case is a phanteks p500a w 3x 140mm intake front fans and 1x 140mm rear exhaust fan

When I run cinebench r23 CPU multi core test, the CPU package and Core max very quickly shot up to 100c and stayed there. whilst the Core temp touched 100c for a second and immediately hovers around 80c. I run this using win 11 as the OS.

What's the problem here? my component or is it a misread from hwinfo

23 minutes ago, Lunacy said:

I have an i5-12600k with all P-cores and E-cores OC'd to 5Ghz and 4 ghz respectively, and CPU Vcore at 1.380V

My CPU cooler is an arctic liquid freezer II 280mm top mounted

And my case is a phanteks p500a w 3x 140mm intake front fans and 1x 140mm rear exhaust fan

When I run cinebench r23 CPU multi core test, the CPU package and Core max very quickly shot up to 100c and stayed there. whilst the Core temp touched 100c for a second and immediately hovers around 80c. I run this using win 11 as the OS.

What's the problem here? my component or is it a misread from hwinfo

Remove the overclock and see what HWInfo reports. If you think the temps are still too high (12 series runs hot anyway) then check for dead/ failing pump, check mounting pressure, check you removed the plastic from AIO cold plate, are hoses kinked/ pinched, check you used thermal paste, check radiator fans flow direction, make sure you have enough air flow.

Try other sites that deal with overclocking to see if there are reference points you can compare.