ltt spout lid for water bottle

Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

I don't drink tea, but I do have one of the old 21oz water bottles and a spout cap to go with it.

The spout lid is made out of black plastic, and there are two clear rubber seals: one between the lid and the bottle and another on the underside of the spout cap. (The cap says it's food grade polypropylene. I'm not 100% sure what material the seals are made of, but to me it looks like silicone.) The spout also has a single turn thread inside, which the thread inside the cap engages when you tighten it.

If anything's going to hold onto tea residue, I think it's going to be the cap threads and seal. Either wash those thoroughly, or get an extra lid so you have one just for water. I don't think the plastic will discolor, but the seals might.

what to buy an ltt water bottle and i very like drinking tea and on a lot of water bottles that i had when i dank tea out of the bottle the lid had changed color and water started tasting like tea so i want to know if it will happened to the ltt water bottle (its especially important to me on the because ltt water bottle is made out of metal and its can probably keep some of the liquid temperature)

Edited by opi3636
some spelling mistakes

I don't drink tea, but I do have one of the old 21oz water bottles and a spout cap to go with it.

The spout lid is made out of black plastic, and there are two clear rubber seals: one between the lid and the bottle and another on the underside of the spout cap. (The cap says it's food grade polypropylene. I'm not 100% sure what material the seals are made of, but to me it looks like silicone.) The spout also has a single turn thread inside, which the thread inside the cap engages when you tighten it.

If anything's going to hold onto tea residue, I think it's going to be the cap threads and seal. Either wash those thoroughly, or get an extra lid so you have one just for water. I don't think the plastic will discolor, but the seals might.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.