My First Build

sbrqw

Budget (including currency): £1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CSGO,HOI4,EU4,VISUAL STUDIO, CYBERPUNK (general gaming triple A and others)

Other details 60-100+ frames for most games, 144hz monitor, will be first PC I will own and built myself.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mKDRBj

Hello LTT forum,

In the coming days I will be looking at ordering the partS for my first PC build.

I have a rough idea on what I need and what seems to be good, but I am still very much learning.

In the link I have posted the parts I think will work for me and any suggestions from you would be very helpful.

The main source of confusion for me is choosing the right motherboard and what features should I really be looking for.

For example, I have a build note from PCPP "The be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard."

I am not entirely sure how I would get around this, from my understanding the mounting adapter fits to the bottom of the MOBO?

Any tips or products I need to look for?

Due to graphics card shortage I haven't included one, I was hoping for 3060TI but I do not think is likely, what is a 300-500 pound graphics that would be worthwhile and synergise with my build?

Thanks

SBRQW

are you sure that you cant get a 3060 or a 3060ti i mean you still have around £650 to spend

3 minutes ago, StalePie42 said:

are you sure that you cant get a 3060 or a 3060ti i mean you still have around £650 to spend

You might be right actually.

I think I was a little generous with the budget, i was thinking of 1500 as the ceiling.

I think it just makes me wince shelling out 600-700 on a gpu and just wondered if there were any alternatives.

Thanks for your reponse.

1 minute ago, sbrqw said:

I think I was a little generous with the budget, i was thinking of 1500 as the ceiling.

I think it just makes me wince shelling out 600-700 on a gpu and just wondered if there were any alternatives.

Thanks for your reponse.

Something like this might work 

1 hour ago, sbrqw said:

Thanks for your reponse.

so what is the ideal amount you would like to spend

6 minutes ago, StalePie42 said:

so what is the ideal amount you would like to spend

Around 500-600 on a GPU or do you think I should just suck it up and go for TI?

Also, any help with my MOBO question would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, sbrqw said:

Budget (including currency): £1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CSGO,HOI4,EU4,VISUAL STUDIO, CYBERPUNK (general gaming triple A and others)

Other details 60-100+ frames for most games, 144hz monitor, will be first PC I will own and built myself.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mKDRBj

Hello LTT forum,

In the coming days I will be looking at ordering the partS for my first PC build.

I have a rough idea on what I need and what seems to be good, but I am still very much learning.

In the link I have posted the parts I think will work for me and any suggestions from you would be very helpful.

The main source of confusion for me is choosing the right motherboard and what features should I really be looking for.

For example, I have a build note from PCPP "The be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the MSI MAG Z690 TOMAHAWK WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard."

I am not entirely sure how I would get around this, from my understanding the mounting adapter fits to the bottom of the MOBO?

Any tips or products I need to look for?

Due to graphics card shortage I haven't included one, I was hoping for 3060TI but I do not think is likely, what is a 300-500 pound graphics that would be worthwhile and synergise with my build?

Thanks

SBRQW

for mobo you honestly dont need anything special unless your overclocking just getting built in wifi is good

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/fsWhMb

Wasn't sure if you needed the WIFI part. If not, you can go for a Ryzen 5 5600X and a B550 Tomahawk. The 2 140mm fans are for the front of the case (intake).

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos

1 hour ago, GeorgeMKane said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/fsWhMb

Wasn't sure if you needed the WIFI part. If not, you can go for a Ryzen 5 5600X and a B550 Tomahawk. The 2 140mm fans are for the front of the case (intake).

Thanks for you reply.

I was wondering this, would the two extra fans be optimal for this build?

I think the case has one in the back and one in the front, is that not enough?

On 2/13/2022 at 4:40 PM, sbrqw said:

Thanks for you reply.

I was wondering this, would the two extra fans be optimal for this build?

I think the case has one in the back and one in the front, is that not enough?

You can hold off on getting them for now, but I would recommend them for better airflow. If you prefer, I would recommend at least one more at the front (intake) or one more for the top-rear of the case (exhaust). That would just help the airflow better.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zXZVnt

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos