PC Upgrade Help - Overall

Hi!

I have owned a gaming rig for about 2 years (yet I still consider myself new to the industry). With regards to setting it up, I asked my friend for advice and ended up with what he considered 'medium-end' PC due to both my budget, and needs.

Just a few notes:

- the SilverStone 650 power supply became out of stock, so I went with the 750W Bronze Fully Modular. 

- It was assembled by the store (because I had no clue how to, but in time, I should be able to give it a shot on upgrading it on my own)

- My budget at that time was only about $2000+

image.thumb.png.b921d97261fda2f915e58229f1a4b75b.png

I've been thinking of making an upgrade. I am hoping to stick in with the budget, but am able to adjust if necessary to accommodate the programs/games I would like to run. Again, I know only so much, so if I am overestimating/underestimating my budget somewhere, please let me know.

Budget (including currency): $AUD 5,000-7,000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly single player games that could be graphics intensive (Cyberpunk, Horizon Forbidden West, Destiny 2, Star Wars: Fallen Order). Other games are, Cities: Skylines (I've been told that this is more hungry for CPU power than GPU power, so wish to consider something that will make the game run smoothly if I ever build an extremely large city), SWAT 4, GTA Series. I may even touch COD here and there, but honestly, I could just play them on the Playstation.

I also stream every now and then, incl. doing some light video editing at 1080p.

Programs provided by my work to work from home, but I believe they won't do jack to the current build and is enough.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I bought my stuff from our computer retail here in Sydney called mWave https://www.mwave.com.au/. I see a sale of an RTX 3060, 3070 and 3080 every now and then, but my friend believes I do not need such insanely high powered GPUs for my need, but it would be smart to have that, just to keep up with the market for any future games. He said the time will come where the GTX 1660 will just run the new game of 2025 like s***, while if you have a higher GPU from the get go, it should still fight.

Honestly, I have seen some of my games struggling (Cyberpunk is definitely a culprit), and CPU-hungry games like Cities Skylines - I haven't even come close to building a large city and the frames drop substantially.

Please let me know if any other additional details are required. If I do remember something, I may just add extra info as a reply or at the bottom of my post.

Thanks in advance!

Do an upgrade of everything else except GPU.

GPU priced are very high, 1660 will be ok for now, When priced goes normal, Do GPU upgrade and you'll be good for upcoming years.

This is what I would recommend:

P.S. White color is just a personal preference, U can also go with black parts as well. Aesthetics is up to you of course.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor ($519.00 @ Centre Com) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240 Illusion 47.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($139.00 @ Scorptec) 

Motherboard: MSI MAG B660M MORTAR WIFI DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($282.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 

Memory: Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($219.00 @ PCCaseGear) 

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($289.00 @ BPC Technology) 

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini Snow Edition ATX Mid Tower Case ($169.00 @ Centre Com) 

Power Supply: Cooler Master V SFX Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($213.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 

Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan MF Halo 47.2 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($71.61 @ JW Computers) 

Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan MF Halo 47.2 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($71.61 @ JW Computers) 

Total: $1973.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-09 00:02 AEDT+1100

8 hours ago, Boshi22 said:

I bought my stuff from our computer retail here in Sydney called mWave https://www.mwave.com.au/. I see a sale of an RTX 3060, 3070 and 3080 every now and then, but my friend believes I do not need such insanely high powered GPUs for my need, but it would be smart to have that, just to keep up with the market for any future games. He said the time will come where the GTX 1660 will just run the new game of 2025 like s***, while if you have a higher GPU from the get go, it should still fight.

Yea your friend is correct, but at this point I would keep your current gpu and wait for rtx 40 series/rx 7000 series