Hardware for a modded Minecraft server

Excuse me, I want to build my own minecraft server ( Minecraft version 1.16.5 with 20 mods, 37 plugins and I want to hold up to 100 people ), I am confused and I don't know how good the hardware is that can run the server well.

So I'd like to listen to your opinions. I rented a server( E5-2690 with 4 virtual cores, 1600MHz 8 GB Memories,45GB Intel Pcie SSD and 10Mbps upstream ) three days ago and it runs not very well, The problem is after loading several blocks where the player is located, some terrain outside this area is loaded slowly or even cannot be loaded until I quit the game and log in again. That bother me for a long time. 

So could you give me some suggestions that how good the hardware is that can run the server which I have mentioned, thanks  🙂

First off, for 100 people, you will need FAR more RAM and much better than 10Mbps upstream. At a bare minimum, look at quadrupling those parts of the spec.

21 minutes ago, whispous said:

First off, for 100 people, you will need FAR more RAM and much better than 10Mbps upstream. At a bare minimum, look at quadrupling those parts of the spec.

Thanks, I am going to search the suitable server, maybe it takes a lot of time. I always make a choice between price and performance and pursue the balance between the two, but the result is always unsatisfactory. There are really few cost-effective servers.

you'll need a faster connection. With minecraft servers single thread performance seems more important then the number of cores and how much ram you can give it. I run a server with a couple of worlds for my wife and even without any mods it needs 3-4 Gb of Ram. I would look into more consumer grade hardware rather then server hardware. Do you have an machine you can run at home to test on?

On 2/4/2022 at 3:43 AM, voyager_ said:

you'll need a faster connection. With minecraft servers single thread performance seems more important then the number of cores and how much ram you can give it. I run a server with a couple of worlds for my wife and even without any mods it needs 3-4 Gb of Ram. I would look into more consumer grade hardware rather then server hardware. Do you have an machine you can run at home to test on?

Yeah, I have my own computer at home and when I first started running the server on my own computer, I've tested how much momery this server needs, when the map is loaded, the server always occupies a lot of memory. Even if I have 16GB3200MHz ) of memory, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H CPU,the memory occupation reaches 93%( While running the server, I also run a minecraft to modify the configuration files of the plugins ), That surprised me, because there was only one world at that time, and now there are four worlds. It's hard for me to imagine how much performance is needed to run this server smoothly. But that's not the point, mainly because I need network mapping to play with people in other places, but the software I use is not very stable, which often leads to the network instability of people entering the server. That's why I thought of renting the server, but it seems that some other problems have emerged, as I mentioned above, the map cannot be loaded...😕