Trucker needs a new keyboard and mouse combo.Any recommendations?

seym56

I currently have a corsair gaming K68 mechanical keyboard. Unfortunately it keeps being knocked onto the floor when ever I put my breaks on too hard,which happens daily. As a result the keys are constantly being popped off and lost in tiny gaps in my sleeper (like under the bed and in the hvac unit). Plus it is simply too big and clunky for being in an enclosed space.

As much as I prefer the feel of a cherry red key switch, I need something more rebust. I'd like a cordless mouse & keyboard combo with a good rechargeable battery. Batteries are expensive at truckstops. Does any one have some good recommendations? My budget is around $100 - $150. I need a combo as I only have 3 usb ports and 2 of them have external drives in them.

Ps

I like the cordless mouse I'm using (a ONN gaming mouse I got at a walmart somewhere after my previous one fell one to many times and stopped working). Things sliding off my bed or desk onto the floor is how most of my stuff dies lol.

I recommend this keyboard and mouse, it's small while still pleasant to play on, I currently use one myself and love it. The mouse is lightweight, the keyboard is wireless so you can store it whenever you are not using it. Here is the link.

The geek himself.

Thank you, but I want to avoid Cherry MX Switches. As I said above the keycaps are prone to popping off when it hits the floor. You have to realize that when your going 45 to 70 mph and you slam on breaks, the keyboard is going to hit the floor hard. Especially if you forget to secure it, which I'm prone to do.

Don't get me wrong, If I weren't in a semi, I'd prefer cherry mx keycaps.

That style is what I'm looking for, but it's gotta be cordless with a mouse. I'd also like it to have an internal battery. I don't want to be replacing batteries every couple of weeks.

On 1/23/2022 at 12:06 AM, seym56 said:

That style is what I'm looking for, but it's gotta be cordless with a mouse. I'd also like it to have an internal battery. I don't want to be replacing batteries every couple of weeks.

i can also recommend keychron keyboards as a good brand, they use a stronger switch i recall.

The geek himself.