My visual output is constantly crashing and I have no idea why. I've taken it to Geek Squad, I've replaced the GPU and it still has the same problem.

TheBigNobe

Hello, as the title says my PC is often losing the visual output during use. It has gotten so bad that I just can't use my PC recently. What happens is my monitor just goes black and displays the HDMI signal in the corner for a sec and the PC keeps running. If I am in game I am still able to hear game sounds for another 15 seconds after this happens. The rest of the computer will keep running seemingly without a change indefinitely but the only way to get the visual output back is to turn the PC off and back on.

PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 5600X CPU

Nvidia 3060ti Founder's Edition

MSI B-550 A Pro Motherboard

EVGA Gold plus 650 w PSU

Corsair Vengeance 16 Gb RAM x2

Windows 10 Education Edition

M.2 1 GB storage

I built this pc myself last January 2020 and it started having this issue around September. At first it was only during gaming but now it happens during browsing or whenever. I have taken into Geek Squad twice so far and at first they said it was my RAM and it wasn't. The second time they said my GPU failed tests so I got a warranty replacement from Nvidia for a another 3060ti FE which is now installed in my system. However, the problem persists. I tried replacing the motherboard but still the same problem. I've tried different monitors, cables all that. Occasionally the VGA light will come on on my motherboard as well. Geek squad said all the main components were good except my GPU originally. I also installed the second GPU into my friends computer and the problem replicated in that so it seems to be the GPU again. Its just weird how I had 2 GPUS with this exact same problem. Has anyone else ever seen this or know what the origin of the problem might be?

Are you using the latest Nvidia Drivers?   There are blank screen issues with the 3000 series cards with older drivers..  

Was your friends PC a similar spec?  Did you use the same cables, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc with your friends computer or did you try it with his gear?

3 minutes ago, Allan B said:

Are you using the latest Nvidia Drivers?   There are blank screen issues with the 3000 series cards with older drivers..  

Was your friends PC a similar spec?  Did you use the same cables, monitor, keyboard, mouse etc with your friends computer or did you try it with his gear?

Yeah I also update my drivers I've even fully uninstalled and reinstalled them in the past. I used all my friends gear except with my card and the problem replicated so I'm pretty sure its the card.