FirePro V7900 for 42$ shipped good deal?

doomsriker
Go to solution Solved by kosmoTactical,

Well, having 2 GB of GDDR5 is not terrible, but the clock speed is around 725 MHz base, which is not great. But it does have 1280 shader cores [the equivalent of CUDA cores], so that is fine. Surprisingly at first, it performs wuite a bit better than the GeForce GT 1030, which also has 2 GB GDDR5 and a turbo clock of 1450 MHz. This is because your GPU has more shaders. However, you will not likely be playing 1080P gaming at playable framerates, but 720P and 900P gaming at medium settings may be possible, especially if you can use Crossfire.

This is a simple benchmark of this GPU.

39008319-bca4-495f-b30a-cf5939773f66.pdf

Hey, I kinda impulse bought a AMD Radeon FirePro V7900 for 42$ shipped and I’m a little worried that it wasn’t as good a deal as I was thinking. Does this sound like a good price and does anybody know if this will be able to play overwatch at 1080P well. I was hoping to put it in a kind of secondary PC I’m building. 

Well, having 2 GB of GDDR5 is not terrible, but the clock speed is around 725 MHz base, which is not great. But it does have 1280 shader cores [the equivalent of CUDA cores], so that is fine. Surprisingly at first, it performs wuite a bit better than the GeForce GT 1030, which also has 2 GB GDDR5 and a turbo clock of 1450 MHz. This is because your GPU has more shaders. However, you will not likely be playing 1080P gaming at playable framerates, but 720P and 900P gaming at medium settings may be possible, especially if you can use Crossfire.

This is a simple benchmark of this GPU.

39008319-bca4-495f-b30a-cf5939773f66.pdf