Suggestions for aux and usb kvms

mockedarche

Skip to bolded text for quick question

I have my machines (somehow even during the gpu situation) I have a gaming pc and a MBA m1. SImply put I want a way to quickly switch between using them (no more unplug and replug). I don't mind changing the video source my monitor makes it 2 clicks and im fine with that. The issue is I can't find a good solution to change my usb hubs and aux quickly between sources. Usb is really easy a simple 3.0 would be more than enough bandwidth for my keyboard, mouse, mic, and camera (on plugged into 1 hub). The issue is tying aux into this.... Every single product has TERRIBLE noise issues. So i've looked into dacs and some do have the switch but there either expensive or dont have switching capabilities. I don't have audiophile ears I just don't I don't hear too much noise or bad quality from my pcs mobo and MBA aux pports so a dac is already overkill. Does anyone have any suggestions? i'd like to stay away from Bluetooth adapters because the latency is trash for gaming (can't hear well but can distinguish latency big time).

SKIP HERE IF WANT SHORT VERSION

I need a kvm with usb and aux that doesn't have noise issues on the aux. Simply 2 pcs ,1 usb hub, 1 aux headphones need quick switching.

Thanks anyone who gives any suggestions!!

Probably the easiest way to do this is to get two separate swiches, one for aux and one for USB. Search for "aux audio switch" and "usb switch" and you will get presented with a magnitude of different devices. This adds the necessity to perform one more button press compared to an all-in-one solution but is probably going to run you cheaper.

I hope this helps 🙂