Second Opinion On My Build

grnbird

Budget (including currency): 3000 CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly: Premiere Pro, After Effects (4k video editing), Photoshop (high res, several layers); Secondarily: Blender (animation renders), Substance Painter

Other details: 

This will be my first build so I wanted to make sure I'm not missing anything. This is intended to be a budget workstation under 3k CAD.

Do you think my build will be complete if I just order this list? (Excluding OS,monitor,speakers,mouse,keyboard,screwdriver,livestrong bracelet)

Would I need any extra fans, cables, adapters, tools etc.?

Do you notice any compatibility issues? (Noctua should come with LGA1700 mount)

Any component looks like an apparent bad idea?

I'm planning to order them in few days.

Thanks in advance.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ByKTbh

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gpKmdD

Here is an edit. P2 is very bad SSD, You should not get that. Rocket is way better.

RAM is too expensive, One I added is faster and cheaper. 

Changed PSU to 750W, Because my recommendation is to try and get better GPU. Aim for 3070. I'm sure it's possible to buy for ~1300 CAD. 

33 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/gpKmdD

Here is an edit. P2 is very bad SSD, You should not get that. Rocket is way better.

RAM is too expensive, One I added is faster and cheaper. 

Changed PSU to 750W, Because my recommendation is to try and get better GPU. Aim for 3070. I'm sure it's possible to buy for ~1300 CAD. 

There is a 1400 CAD 3070 on Newegg but that goes over my budget unfortunately.

I also see that you have changed the fans from 2×140 to 5×120. What kind of configuration do you have in mind for those?

14 minutes ago, grnbird said:

There is a 1400 CAD 3070 on Newegg but that goes over my budget unfortunately.

I also see that you have changed the fans from 2×140 to 5×120. What kind of configuration do you have in mind for those?

Those expensive corsair fans are very bad actually. Included fans in case aren't good either. So 5x Arctic P12 - 3X intake(Front) and 2x exhaust(Back top, Back rear). 

Prices are very bad now for GPUs now. 

3 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Those expensive corsair fans are very bad actually. Included fans in case aren't good either. So 5x Arctic P12 - 3X intake(Front) and 2x exhaust(Back top, Back rear). 

Prices are very bad now for GPUs now. 

I see, I was hoping to use the included fans but your option is cheaper anyways so sounds great. Thanks.

This can be an option...

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($499.98 @ Best Buy Canada) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Pro RS ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($247.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($169.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Silicon Power P34A80 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($124.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 6800 16 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card  ($1260.99 @ PC-Canada) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR600 (w/o ODD) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($81.81 @ Vuugo) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  ($69.88 @ Canada Computers) 
Total: $2565.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

SSD TIER LIST

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X

Mobo - ASRock X470 Taichi

Memory - G.Skill Trident Z RGB (8x2 3200MHz) 

Storage - Sabrent Rocket 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 2TBWD Black 1TB

GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti LIGHTNING

CaseFractal Design Meshify C

PSUSuper Flower Leadex II Gold 650W

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BQvTbh

I ordered these parts. GPU, UPS and monitor missing for now. All the graphics cards I could afford sold out.

Doubled the RAM I picked and switched to a SeaSonic 750W PSU.

Decided to stick to NH-D15 so it ruled out your RAM and case suggestions @VEXICUS. Also that card and psu got out of stock quickly. Found a good deal on a 6600 xt but missed it as well unfortunately.

Switched to Rocket, @Dr0idGh0sT. But the RAM you picked is only in stock for 200$ now so had to skip that. 5-pack fans were a great deal.

3 hours ago, grnbird said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/BQvTbh

I ordered these parts. GPU, UPS and monitor missing for now. All the graphics cards I could afford sold out.

Doubled the RAM I picked and switched to a SeaSonic 750W PSU.

Decided to stick to NH-D15 so it ruled out your RAM and case suggestions @VEXICUS. Also that card and psu got out of stock quickly. Found a good deal on a 6600 xt but missed it as well unfortunately.

Switched to Rocket, @Dr0idGh0sT. But the RAM you picked is only in stock for 200$ now so had to skip that. 5-pack fans were a great deal.

That's PC market for you. Prices and availability changes every day 😄

You have bought good staff.

UPS is last priority I think, You'll be okey without that.