Upgrading Storage

BearBlu

I currently have a ASUS PRIME B550M-A AC motherboard with a WD BLUE SN550 NVMe 500 GB SSD and am planning to add another SSD to increase my storage. I read on the motherboard manual that it has 2 m.2 slots and that each of the slots have a different speed. For example in the picture attached showing the motherboard, one of them says 64 Gb/s and the other says 32 Gb/s and I was unsure whether or not the new SSD should be on the 64 GB/s or if it's fine that I keep the WD BLUE SN550 NVMe 500 GB SSD I have in that slot right now and just have the new SSD on the 32Gb/s slot. I planned on getting a Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB but I know nothing about the options I have or whether or not they're compatible with my motherboard.

Summary Questions:

1) What SSD should I get(1 TB minimum and compatible with my motherboard)?
2a) Should the new SSD(which is larger and potentially faster?) be in the 64Gb/s slot which my current SSD(WD BLUE SN550 NVMe 500 GB SSD) is in now and move that one to the 32Gb/s slot or just have it slotted into the 32Gb/s slot?

2b) *Follow up question to 2a* If I end up moving my new SSD into the 64 Gb/s slot and my current one into the 32 Gb/s slot, will all the files and other things on the SSD stay there after I move them and can I transfer the files and other things on my current SSD to the new one after moving them?

3) After I receive my new SSD, is it fine to just open up my computer without removing my motherboard from the case and insert the new SSD into one of the slots on my motherboard(I wouldn't have to remove any other parts such as the GPU to access my slots or something else before adding in the new SSD)?

*Sorry for the really long post or unclear questions(if they are) as I want to make sure I don't mess anything up when making this purchase and installing my new SSD into my PC*

*If you need more information,you can ask in the comments and I would be glad to provide them in the comments or edit my post to include that information.*

image.thumb.png.0796798c7a88d33433ddfb84dc84a5ff.png

You have one PCIe 4.0 (aka gen 4) and one 3.0 (aka gen 3). The Samsung 980 Pro isn't gen 4, neither is the WD Blue. If you use the Samsung SSD it would not matter in which slots you put the drives. If you choose to get a gen 4 drive, you would need to put your WD drive in the bottom slot, which is the gen 3 slot and put the gen 4 drive in the top slot to use its full potential. A 1 TB gen 4 ssd from Sabrent would cost you around $130.