AMD 2021 - Compatibility

shoval

Hey 馃檪

Currently using a PC from 2012, which I did not pick the parts and I did not built it.
Intel i5-3550
DDR3 8GB RAM (single channel)
No case fans (removed them because stopped working, as an alternative I opened the case a bit)
Broken motherboard with missing SATA connectors,
GTX 1650 (GPU is new, I bought and plugged in)
Now I'm going to pick all the parts and build it so technically it is my first build, but I had some experience with putting the pieces together when my current PC had a few of bluescreens.

My new PC build I plan on buying from Amazon and build myself:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/skQvLP

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive with heatsink
Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh w/ Controller ATX Mid Tower Case聽聽 聽
Corsair HX Platinum 750 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Noctua A12x25 PWM 60.1 CFM 120 mm Fan
(Already have a GPU, keyboard, mouse, mousepad, monitor, headset)

Notes:
1) This motherboard has the following:

1 x 4-pin CPU Fan header

1 x 4-pin CPU OPT Fan header

1 x 4-pin AIO Pump header

3 x 4-pin Chassis Fan headers

(Source: Official Manual, page 8)
The "Noctua NH-D15" goes to "CPU Fan header", no problem there.
This is where it gets tricky:
The case "Cooler Master MasterBox TD500 Mesh" has place for up to x7 fans of 120mm
(Source: Official Website)
Case includes x3 fans of 120mm, with ARGB, which are on the front, I'm going to takes those x3 fans of 120mm included with the case and place them on top of the case as PUSH air (because I don't want the ARGB and because they aren't as good as聽Noctua)

So I plan on buying a total of x4 fans of 120mm from聽Noctua (A12x25), x3 of which will be on the front to PULL air from the front, and x1 fan of 120mm will be PUSH air from back of the case.
The plan here is to populate the entire case with fans, good ones on front and back, and "bad" ones on the top), all without RGB.
Now my issues with this is:
1.a) How do I turn off the ARGB? (I guess using BIOS, but the case includes "controller", where do I plug this to? and what happens if I don't plug that in where it's supposed to go?)
1.b) How do I connect x7 fans of 120mm and to which connector on the motherboard? remember there's only 3 connectors on the motherboard (as I mentioned above), also what happens if I plug all the fans to one PWM connector? good? bad?
By the way, on the official manual, which linked above, you can see the motherboard connections on page 14, I would love for someone to explain it to me using the image on the manual and physical cables rather than text.

2) As you can see on "pcpartpicker" there is one compatibility issue, that is the motherboard and the CPU,
The motherboard needs a BIOS update in order to POST with the new CPU from AMD, that's why there is this BIOS flashback thing, so just to confirm - I don't need to buy another CPU just to update, right?

3) The motherboard has ACTIVE chipset cooling, what happens if the fan suddenly fails? I guess it's not easy to replace and it's bad for the long run, right?

4) Originally I planned on simply buying 16GB, but the 32GB is SO CHEAP, I couldn't resist it.

5) I don't buy the case from Amazon, I buy it locally, cheaper.

6) The build on "pcpartpicker" is incorrect - storage isn't listed: "Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive with heatsink"

7) I will buy new GPU when prices will be cheaper, so there won't be any bottlenecks.

I鈥檇 suggest just getting a b550, cheaper unless you need a lot of gen 4 storage

Biosflashback will allow you to update the bios with a unsuported cpu installed so it will work

The case should have a fan hub, most do, that will allow you to get them all into one header, that鈥檚 fine, usually you need like 10 fans to get to the 1a pull that you need to get to burning up the header level

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Wiard said:

I鈥檇 suggest just getting a b550, cheaper unless you need a lot of gen 4 storage

Biosflashback will allow you to update the bios with a unsuported cpu installed so it will work

The case should have a fan hub, most do, that will allow you to get them all into one header, that鈥檚 fine, usually you need like 10 fans to get to the 1a pull that you need to get to burning up the header level

Some b550 motherboards like the Msi b550 mortar has the same amount of phases as X570 mother boards (14 phases I believe) but are about $60 cheaper. I might be wrong since some motherboards dont show their phases in the tech specification.

You should be able to turn off the ARGB with the controller. If I had to guess that will plug into the RGB connections on the fans and then to either SATA or Molex power.

If there isn't a fan hub included in the case you can just get one separately, and those will often have either SATA or Molex power to make sure that you don't burn out your fan headers.

You probably will have difficulty replacing the chipset fan if it happens to fail but hopefully that would be covered under warranty. Some motherboards use standard fan sizes so you might be able to find a replacement, but I have no idea what size of fan that board uses if it even is standard.

I'm not positive that that board supports BIOS flashing without a CPU, you might wanna check the manual before getting it. As Helpful Tech Wizard said though, maybe look at a B550 board, you can save some cash and it'll be plenty for your build.

rhythm games are best fight me

Thank you all for your help!
I have another small question.
The power supply I chose has this:
CP-9020137-NA-HX750_03.png
While my motherboard has this:
image.thumb.png.e476b2657b7b4aafc0088fb346265b9d.png

So my question here is the motherboard power connectors, especially part A and B.
Part B match the power supply top right connection (4+4 CPU), so that's ok, but what about part A (EATX12V_2)? what do I do with it? how do I connect it? there is no 4 pin connection that matches the power supply.