dead memory slots

ki8aras

hey everyone, im currently trying to troubleshoot an ecs x58b-a motherboard(pictured below) with an i7 920

index.jpg.537a04cd837a8dc1e72acdec1eb4bab8.jpg

the problem is, that no matter what i try, the only memory slots that work are the yellow ones(meaning that if i insert ram in one of the orange ones, the system infinitely bootloops)

has anyone of you come across this problem before? and if yes, did you manage to find a fix?

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

does it work if you have ram all in the yellow ones and then populate the orange ones? it has a preference for the yellow ones first, and then the orange ones. you also want to do that because it's triple channel, so if you run it in orange+yellow, yellow, nothing instead of yellow, yellow, yellow then it's only dual channel

it's awkward for the IMC to talk to 2/3rds of the ram on the yellow and then the last one on orange and that's why it doesn't work (and also it's an older IMC, older ones are more strict on what is proper and works)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, themctipers said:

does it work if you have ram all in the yellow ones and then populate the orange ones? it has a preference for the yellow ones first, and then the orange ones. you also want to do that because it's triple channel, so if you run it in orange+yellow, yellow, nothing instead of yellow, yellow, yellow then it's only dual channel

it's awkward for the IMC to talk to 2/3rds of the ram on the yellow and then the last one on orange and that's why it doesn't work (and also it's an older IMC, older ones are more strict on what is proper and works)

ive populated all of the yellow ones, but if i try to populate even one of the yellow ones, the system doesnt boot

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd