Upgrading my PC

muhhar98

Budget (including currency): AED3500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: FPS and open world games mostly 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I currently have a gaming PC which I want to upgrade. Asus prime B460m-k motherboard, processor is i5-10400f, graphics card is a RTX3060, 16GB RAM, 650W power supply, and 240 ssd. I want to upgrade the motherboard, processor and ssd. Can anyone help please? 

That seems to be a very balanced build.

Why do you need to upgrade? There would be no significant boost to gaming performance anyway since your main bottleneck in gaming likely is just the GPU - everything else is pretty much fine for the time being. Getting a bigger SSD might be worth it (240 GB is really not much), but upgrading processor, RAM and mainboard probably doesn't yield any significant gains in gaming.

Your system looks pretty solid already. What is your form factor?

Salisbury steak isn't steak.

15 minutes ago, muhhar98 said:

Budget (including currency): AED3500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: FPS and open world games mostly 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I currently have a gaming PC which I want to upgrade. Asus prime B460m-k motherboard, processor is i5-10400f, graphics card is a RTX3060, 16GB RAM, 650W power supply, and 240 ssd. I want to upgrade the motherboard, processor and ssd. Can anyone help please? 

unless you've having fps problems, there's no point to upgrade, and if you are having fps problems it might be a better idea to troubleshoot rather than burn money

░█▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█   ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀   ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▄░ ▒█▀▀▀ 
▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█   ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄▄

What's your computer not able to do that you want it do? Why do you want to upgrade?

Looks like a pretty balanced build IMO. If you need more CPU horsepower for those open world games, you can try getting a 10700f. That will easier than doing an entire platform upgrade.

I think the issue is in open world games, something doesn't feel right. The game tends lose frames often.

Yea I would either look into getting a 10700f, you can just plug into current mobo, or look into getting a 12600k/12700k. Having more cores should mitigate those frame drops you are seeing. Adding ram may help too, but that's more depend on the game your playing.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I'll take it all into consideration.