Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what do i do

Go to solution Solved by kokosnh,

100-praca-dla-HP-Compaq-8000-Elite-775-p 

If i found correct mobo, it should be that yellow button signed "CMOS" right next to the battery. 

1. Turn off your computer.
  2. Disconnect your computer from the wall outlet. 
  3. Locate the button/jumper labelled “Clear” or "CMOS" (or "CLR_CMOS")
  4. Hold the “Clear” or “CMOS” button down for five to ten seconds, then release it, or short jumper for ten seconds. 

Or just do the same, but instead holding the button, just remove the battery for 10 seconds, after unplugging the PSU

Say I put a used hdd in my computer to increase storage, then then I plug in my computer and it starts beeping at me and the light starts blinking red. so I unplug the computer it take out the hard drive that I had just put in, i plug the computer back in, power it on and its still blinking red and beeping. how do I fix it (it wont put out a video signal either)

Where is the light coming from? It might be a DEBUG LED code. What motherboard do you have. 

12 minutes ago, grimreaper_slm-thg said:

Say I put a used hdd in my computer to increase storage, then then I plug in my computer and it starts beeping at me and the light starts blinking red. so I unplug the computer it take out the hard drive that I had just put in, i plug the computer back in, power it on and its still blinking red and beeping. how do I fix it (it wont put out a video signal either)

Did you put the HDD as an additional drive?  Or as the boot drive?

If boot, then fresh install Windows and format the drive.  If additional, then you messed something up since adding a drive won't do what you describe.

Emma : i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Corsair Virtuoso SE - Logitech G910, G502 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Samsung 27" + Dell 24" 

Raven:  Intel i3 10100F - ASRock H410M-HDV - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2666Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Inland 256GB SSD + Toshiba 2TB HDD - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Spectre 24" 

Other Tech:

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

2 hours ago, Dedayog said:

Did you put the HDD as an additional drive?  Or as the boot drive?

If boot, then fresh install Windows and format the drive.  If additional, then you messed something up since adding a drive won't do what you describe.

I added it as an additional drive.

6 hours ago, iCypticx said:

Where is the light coming from? It might be a DEBUG LED code. What motherboard do you have. 

I know it has a LGA775 socket. and the light is coming from the light that tells you its powered on its normaly green

try restarting CMOS (if you don't have any weird RAID configs on the MOBO configured)

29 minutes ago, kokosnh said:

try restarting CMOS (if you don't have any weird RAID configs on the MOBO configured)

How do I do that

I don't know the model of your Motherboard. 
Usually you have a jumper and that's the correct method. if there's no jumper, you can always try to take out the battery, and unplug the PSU for a minute. But there should be a CMOS jumper. It should be written in the motherboard manual.  Or just find it on the motherboard. 

5 hours ago, kokosnh said:

I don't know the model of your Motherboard. 
Usually you have a jumper and that's the correct method. if there's no jumper, you can always try to take out the battery, and unplug the PSU for a minute. But there should be a CMOS jumper. It should be written in the motherboard manual.  Or just find it on the motherboard. 

536458-001

If i found correct mobo, it should be that yellow button signed "CMOS" right next to the battery. 

4. Hold the “Clear” or “CMOS” button down for five to ten seconds, then release it, or short jumper for ten seconds. 

Or just do the same, but instead holding the button, just remove the battery for 10 seconds, after unplugging the PSU

3 hours ago, kokosnh said:

thank you