Pop_os Start up problem

So I installed Pop_os on a clients computer that I'm fixing and got everything working last week, But I started it up yesterday and it was just a terminal with Ubuntu written on the top. So i reinstalled pop_os and got it working last night BUT the same thing happened today.... help

42 minutes ago, Alexeygridnev1993 said:

Did you disable Secure Boot in the bios? Just a guess

Yes

4 hours ago, Imapancake15 said:

So I installed Pop_os on a clients computer that I'm fixing and got everything working last week, But I started it up yesterday and it was just a terminal with Ubuntu written on the top. So i reinstalled pop_os and got it working last night BUT the same thing happened today.... help

Have you tried updating it with "apt update" and then "apt upgrade?" What GPU do they have? Did the client try to install anything recently?

2 hours ago, D-reaper said:

Have you tried updating it with "apt update" and then "apt upgrade?" What GPU do they have? Did the client try to install anything recently?

They have a gtx 1650 ti, I did do apt update but not upgrade...

10 minutes ago, Imapancake15 said:

They have a gtx 1650 ti, I did do apt update but not upgrade...

Ugh... Nvidia. I hate Nvidia. That was the source of my torment when I started using Linux. Nvidia just has so many problems even still. I don't miss using a Nvidia GPU on Linux. AMD is just so much easier. It's just plug and play. Then forget it.

But yeah. Do an apt upgrade. See if that fixes anything. If not, make sure the Nvidia drivers are installed by typing lspci -nnk. Make sure the kernel driver in use is Nvidia. It could be possible that a kernel upgrade knocked out the Nvidia driver somehow. Which you'll have to reinstall the driver.

I don't see how the desktop environment could be magically removed. So I am assuming it's something Nvidia related.