Port Forwarding Stopped Working

Ectopl4sm

Recently I've been trying to run a Unturned server, but when I attempt to using Xfinity's website, it gives me an error saying, "We're having some trouble." I was successfully able to run a Minecraft server before so I thought that was weird. Another weird thing is that the old port forward I had for my Minecraft server was still there, but it had no device assigned to it. I've been in Xfinity customer service for 3 days now and they couldn't find a solution wither. Port forwarding with the same port works on any other device but mine. I made a TCP and UCP through my computer's firewall but it still doesn't work. Was it a Windows update or a factory reset that made my port forwarding stop working? Please help.

I have a Dell Optiplex 7010

Make sure you can connect to your Minecraft server locally on the local IP (e.g 192.168.x.x or 10.1.x.x) of the server. 

If you cant connect then its firewall or something on the server. 

If you can connect but just cant connect via your WAN IP Address (your public IP address) then yeah its firewall/portforwarding on your router or something external. Make sure the local/internal IP address of your server hasnt changed, and it matches whats in your port forwarding rule. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

My ISP did something recently that may explain what's happening.

Go to some website to check your public IP - write it down.

See if the two IP's match.  If they do you, then congrats, your ISP is double NAT'ing you.

Disregard, re-read your post.

As an extreme test, have your put your desktop as a DMZ target?  !WARNING!  This forwards all unclaimed incoming traffic to your PC, only do this temporarily as a test.

"There is probably a special circle of Hell reserved for people who force software into a role it was never designed for."
- Radium_Angel

On 11/17/2021 at 2:00 PM, Bigun said:

My ISP did something recently that may explain what's happening.

Go to some website to check your public IP - write it down.

See if the two IP's match.  If they do you, then congrats, your ISP is double NAT'ing you.

Disregard, re-read your post.

As an extreme test, have your put your desktop as a DMZ target?  !WARNING!  This forwards all unclaimed incoming traffic to your PC, only do this temporarily as a test.

doesnt work

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 9:07 AM, Ectopl4sm said:

doesnt work

This eliminates the port forwarding issue.

Have you tried another PC connecting to your local IP?

"There is probably a special circle of Hell reserved for people who force software into a role it was never designed for."
- Radium_Angel