Which would be better

Too old 4 this

Ok so I don't need a gpu for gaming.  It's all h264 rendering in davinci resolve.  

I am currently using Rx 580 8gb x2 

They run fine however they seam to be limited in terms of a 1050ti can render as fast on a 1 to 1 basic. Looking deeper it seams amd made a mess of the render tech in these cards and basically abandoned them.  

I been looking on eBay and see TiTan Z GPUs for £500.    Would 2 x Titan Z be a better bet than a single gpu or am I better off pony up the £1200 for a 3080 

I use the studio version of resolve so it support multi gpu rendering.  So I just looking for a workhorse solution.  I get that 1050ti and above allows h265 encoding and it blazes through renders but I have no issue rendering in h264.  

What would you do or suggest.   Is basically 4 titan z rendering going to match 3080ti in terms of speed 

Are these for profit renders? If its a business youre running then get the 3080. If not , then just use the 580s you have now as any gpu is currently overpriced for its performance and isnt worth it.

Yeah it's just frustrating watching a 8gb gpu run at 200fps and a 1050ti run at 189 FPS.      The first drivers on the disk were great it's since the updates  it's just massively slowed down.