Help needed - Mechanical keyboard with specific requirements

Aldar

Hey guys,

I'm starting to feel self conscious about my current keyboard (TRUST THURA, semi "mechanical" [Semi mechanical apparently means "A plastic key pressing down on rubber dome with a removable keycap on top] - So, both, loud and squishy like a rubber dome) + some of my keycaps are really scratched off.

I'd love to get a new keyboard and prefer getting one that'd fit my needs as much as possible, even at a bigger price. Most stuff I can find just browsing local shops - In Czechia btw, cheers; offer only... Average, run of the mill keyboards.

I'd love a mechanical keyboard with replaceable Cherry MX brown keyswitches (Or a different brand of silent, tactile keyswitches), numpad, built-in USB hub, replaceable keycaps, media control keys [Preferrably dedicated, not as a second function of the F-row keys] and a backlight (Don't care if RGB or a static light really).

My endgoal is to have a keyboard where, if one single switch fails, I don't have to throw it the whole board away, and can just replace the switch. Yet where this wouldn't come at the expense of the functionality.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Hi Aldar,

"I'd love to get a new keyboard and prefer getting one that'd fit my needs as much as possible, even at a bigger price. Most stuff I can find just browsing local shops - In Czechia btw, cheers; offer only... Average, run of the mill keyboards. "
Do you have any online stores that we can use to check on? one that you can order from easily, or are ones from Europe alone would be okay? if for the latter then you can check candykeys.com or mykeyboard.eu

"I'd love a mechanical keyboard with replaceable Cherry MX brown keyswitches (Or a different brand of silent, tactile keyswitches), numpad, built-in USB hub, replaceable keycaps, media control keys [Preferrably dedicated, not as a second function of the F-row keys] and a backlight (Don't care if RGB or a static light really). "
can you define more on what you mean by replaceable? all MX style switches are replaceable as long as you have a solder, if you want one without soldering then you need to be looking for a hotswap keyboard.
any MX style switches has a standard keycaps stem, so they all have replaceable keycaps
from this alone I can recommend you getting Ducky Shine series keyboard, Ducky Shine 4 or above (the newest one is 7 iirc), other than that I can recommend you getting HyperX Alloy Elite 2

"
My endgoal is to have a keyboard where, if one single switch fails, I don't have to throw it the whole board away, and can just replace the switch. Yet where this wouldn't come at the expense of the functionality. "
I'm sure every switches that's based off the MX switches are replaceable, so you should be good.

May this answer help you, feel free to ask further