Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really Slow PC Boot Time

Niveyeet

Hey all, newbie here at LTT Forums.

I wanted to ask regarding my PC boot time. It used to be good, around 5-10 seconds or so but around a month ago it has shot up to a sluggish 55 seconds every time I boot it up.

I have some screenshots below which shows task manager and the stuff that I set to launch at startup (which has been pretty much the same ever since I built this PC earlier this year.)

I really need help as this shouldn't be happening since my OS is on an M.2 SSD so its really annoying to see my boot time to be about the same as putting it on a HDD. 

Could it be a software thing? A hardware thing? Please let me know. Thanks!

bios time.PNG

starup apps.PNG

4 minutes ago, Niveyeet said:

Hey all, newbie here at LTT Forums.

I wanted to ask regarding my PC boot time. It used to be good, around 5-10 seconds or so but around a month ago it has shot up to a sluggish 55 seconds every time I boot it up.

I have some screenshots below which shows task manager and the stuff that I set to launch at startup (which has been pretty much the same ever since I built this PC earlier this year.)

I really need help as this shouldn't be happening since my OS is on an M.2 SSD so its really annoying to see my boot time to be about the same as putting it on a HDD. 

Could it be a software thing? A hardware thing? Please let me know. Thanks!

bios time.PNG

starup apps.PNG

there is alot that startup while booting up

delete a bit

and are you using m.2 nvme ssd or m.2 sata 3gbps/sata 6gbps ssd?

did you upgrade the ssd to something worse mistakenly?

21 hours ago, my name is guru iam tech said:

there is alot that startup while booting up

delete a bit

and are you using m.2 nvme ssd or m.2 sata 3gbps/sata 6gbps ssd?

did you upgrade the ssd to something worse mistakenly?

While I'm aware that the startup tasks are a bit much (as told by my friends who would always tell me to cut it down) the boot time was perfectly fine back then. Only recently it starting slowing down.

Honestly I'm not sure what type of SSD I'm using. It says the interface is PCIe but I don't think it correlates(?) but I'm pretty sure its an nVMe. Its this one specifically https://www.xpg.com/us/xpg/636

If you mean upgrade the hardware then I don't think so since I haven't touched my PC internals in a few months now and everything else is still nice and snappy, only boot up time is slow.

57 minutes ago, Niveyeet said:

While I'm aware that the startup tasks are a bit much (as told by my friends who would always tell me to cut it down) the boot time was perfectly fine back then. Only recently it starting slowing down.

Honestly I'm not sure what type of SSD I'm using. It says the interface is PCIe but I don't think it correlates(?) but I'm pretty sure its an nVMe. Its this one specifically https://www.xpg.com/us/xpg/636

If you mean upgrade the hardware then I don't think so since I haven't touched my PC internals in a few months now and everything else is still nice and snappy, only boot up time is slow.

it is a nvme ssd if you connect it to a nvme supported slot in your motherboard

i think so it is degraded somehow 

check it out for a customer support

because a lot of reviews i saw right now are telling it is superr fasttt