PC will not enter sleep

Craig6580

Please help. My new build just will not enter sleep. It just shuts down every time. Allow hybrid sleep is enabled in power options. If I press the power button or select sleep from the start menu, the screen turns off and all usb devices remain powered for 3 or 4 minutes. Then the machine powers off. It wont wake from keyboard or mouse inputs, just the power button, and then boots up as if it was fully shut down.

Windows 10 64bit (updated)

MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi, 5900X, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro, 3070ti FE, Corsair 850w PSU.

MB BIOS updated to 7C90v17

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Craig6580 said:

Please help. My new build just will not enter sleep. It just shuts down every time. Allow hybrid sleep is enabled in power options. If I press the power button or select sleep from the start menu, the screen turns off and all usb devices remain powered for 3 or 4 minutes. Then the machine powers off. It wont wake from keyboard or mouse inputs, just the power button, and then boots up as if it was fully shut down.

Windows 10 64bit (updated)

MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi, 5900X, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro, 3070ti FE, Corsair 850w PSU.

MB BIOS updated to 7C90v17

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try this:

How to Fix Windows Shuts Down Instead of Sleep (Windows 11/10) (technospot.net)

quote me when replying so i know

4 hours ago, Yug35h said:

try this:

How to Fix Windows Shuts Down Instead of Sleep (Windows 11/10) (technospot.net)

quote me when replying so i know

Hi. Yeah, I’ve tried all that. The monitor won’t go to sleep either, even if it’s set to turn off after 1 minute. It’s actually taking longer to enter and exit ‘sleep’ than just shutting down and rebooting.

12 hours ago, Craig6580 said:

Hi. Yeah, I’ve tried all that. The monitor won’t go to sleep either, even if it’s set to turn off after 1 minute. It’s actually taking longer to enter and exit ‘sleep’ than just shutting down and rebooting.

If it still the same i will suggest to perform a full system restore, usually all the hardware problem and driver issues will be fixed this way. Before performing a full system restore, backup your important files to a USB drive or OneDrive (windows user).