XFX Radeon RX580 problems

Anasyn

Dear posters and foum members of LTTdc, I seem to have a problem that I cannot fix, which is quite surprising as I have been working with computer hardware for quite some time and do not understand what is going on. 

First thing's first, full system specs. 

PSU: Corsair CX 750M Bronze

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (base clock)

GPU: XFX AMD Radeon RX580 (base clock)

MOBO: Asus Prime B450M-A rev 1.01

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3200Mhz

Monitor: some 75hz refresh rate Acer 24" monitor that I bought at best buy a couple months ago for about $129

256GB Seagate SSD boot drive

2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 7200/7600??RPM

2TB Seagate Hypercuda SSHD

Until recently when AMD pushed an update my RX580 worked relatively fine. I was able to boot, play games in gorgeous settings with excellent frame rate, relatively no problems what so ever. Temps stayed in the low 50s even under max load (AC vent blowing directly into the computer because semi truck), consistently 150+ fast when I decided not to use the freesync, which was always steady 75.

Well anyway, after the update my card has been failing, showing artifacts on the monitor, screen tearing, alerts from Radeon software saying drivers have failed, and then the computer would shut down. I tried to revert old drivers, and things took a turn for the worse. Now the computer boots, and I assume goes to post as all the pretty colors on my keyboard come on, which they don't do unless it hits the log-in screen. I see the RX580's fans kick on and the white light cooling fans I have dim, all this is normal. Then the fans go back to high intensity light and the gpu fans cut off, but I let it think for a while and eventually kill the pc by holding the power button for 3-5 seconds because I have no display coming through via display port or HDMI. The monitor flickers to life knowing that it has been plugged into the GPU but says "No signal" and returns to sleep mode.

I am at a loss. I have checked and cleaned the pins on the mobo side of the GPU with a q-tip, blew compressed air (dust cleaner tip aerosol can thing) into the slot. Checked the PSU's connections, I thought they might have been loose, checked the PCIe connection to the GPU, even tried a different PCIe card. All work fine. GPU showing blue LED indicator that it is getting power and mobo is showing all of it's LEDs so all is getting the appropriate power. I even went back to the PSU checker tool to ensure that my PSU was supplying more than enough power for a full boot load ( I already knew it was as I've had the PC for about 7 months now and it started with a 600w PSU.) 

Anyway, I'm at a loss and could use some help. It's my only source of entertainment in the truck.

Cheers,

Anasyn

Edit: added Storage drives to specs

Updates: I was able to get the PC to post in safe mode. There are artifacts all over the screen and I rolled back the radeon drivers via device manager. I know I need to get an older version of the drivers and will be searching for that immediately. Anyone have any other ideas?

20211011_211922.jpg

20211011_231344.jpg

20211012_091256.jpg

Welcome to the forums!

I actually had a similar experience with an XFX RX 570 a year or so back. It's more of a hardware side issue from my experience. After a driver update, started artifacting, driver crashes, only 1 monitor could be driven by it and if a second was plugged in it crashed - almost exactly what you mentioned. I fixed mine with a reflash of the BIOS (don't try unless you're quite experienced) but an XFX RMA from my experience was good - this was mid shortage keep in mind. Got me a new card in a week. 

Up until really this last week it has worked fine. I'd love to get NVIDIA graphics but everything is out of my monetary reach. This card came with the PC and has been doing wonders. I only had a 2011 Alienware Alpha R1 before this. Getting that thing to play league at 60fps was a blessing, damn thing is still going strong though. Other than that I had a Frankenstein's monster which was quite literally 2 desktop cases taped together and using each other's parts to run one computer. Worked like a dream.

Anyway, back to this problem, I can't even use integrated graphics since my mobo doesn't have it and neither does my CPU, so I can't actually see the screen to be able to go into BIOS/UEFI settings.

30 minutes ago, Anasyn said:

I'd love to get NVIDIA graphic

These are not problem free either

also secondly

30 minutes ago, Anasyn said:

Anyway, back to this problem, I can't even use integrated graphics since my mobo doesn't have it and neither does my CPU, so I can't actually see the screen to be able to go into BIOS/UEFI settings.

So the computer has no video output?

1 minute ago, IsaacisWeeb said:

These are not problem free either

also secondly

So the computer has no video output?

This is correct. There is currently no video output. There are VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports on the mobo but they are specifically for PSUs that have integrated graphics. As my Ryzen is neither from the G or U series it does not have an APU for on board graphics

Is the

1 minute ago, Anasyn said:

This is correct. There is currently no video output. There are VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports on the mobo but they are specifically for PSUs that have integrated graphics. As my Ryzen is neither from the G or U series it does not have an APU for on board graphics

So the 580 is no longer making any video ouput?

15 minutes ago, IsaacisWeeb said:

Is the

So the 580 is no longer making any video ouput?

This is correct.

Edit: There is no video output from any of the 3 display ports or the HDMI port