Deepcool AS500 Plus CPU brackets doesn't fit in a gigabyte 570s aero G motherboard.

I purchased a Deepcool AS500 Plus with a gigabye 570s Aero G Motherboard, and it turns out that the AM4 mounting brackets are actually slightly too large to install.

As you can see in the attached picture.
The curvy grey metal on the right, which then goes bumpy, is a heatsink attached to the motherboard. Between that grey metal and the CPU is the silvery C shaped cooler bracket notice it is sitting on top of the grey metal. This is because the bracket is slightly too large.

Measuring bracket from bracket, the approximate space this cooler needs it 86mm, so I guess for this board the distance between the edges of the brackets needs to be less than that by a few mm.

Have you ever seen this type of issue before?
What air coolers would have a slightly smaller gap between the edge of the brackets?
Should I just get a water cooler as I think those have smaller mounting hardware. 

sadpanda.jpg

It looks like you're putting it on backwards. The bend goes away from the socket, not towards it. Check out the manual

Unfortunately as in the picture the bend is away from the socket and this is the correct way to install it. 

11 minutes ago, bootstrapf7 said:

Unfortunately as in the picture the bend is away from the socket and this is the correct way to install it. 

I misunderstood the issue. The bracket impacting the motherboard heatsink is the problem, not that the bracket won't line up with the holes. I also didn't realize the orientation of your picture. I thought the black bit on top was a RAM heatsink. So yes, you have it the right way.

I think a lot of air coolers have their bracket in the same orientation as the AMD mounting hardware, north and south of the socket, not east and west. The Scythe Fuma 2 I recently bought does, at least.