Strange graphics card problem

Mr. Pirate

This is driving me crazy. A while ago I sold my old pc to a friend because I bought myself a new one. It was a few years old and it wasn't a beast, but it ran problem-free. I wiped the computer and re-installed windows 10 and handed it over to my friend. Everything worked fine until one day when he called me and said he got a bluescreen with the stop message "Critical process died". I drove to his house and got it working. However, the graphics card wouldn't show up in the device manager or speccy. "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" was the only thing that showed. I downloaded the correct drivers and installed them. A few seconds went by and then the screen turned black. I waited and waited but nothing happened. I restarted the pc, tried again and the same thing happened. I have been stuck with this problem ever since. I really have no clue what could be the problem and I would appreciate some help.

Things I have tried:

• Download new drivers
  • Wiped previous drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller
  • Updated bios via the Bios flashback function
  • Updated bios via Asus ez flash 2

Specs: 

• Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX pro 2.0
  • CPU: Amd fx 8320 eight-core
  • GPU: Sapphire Amd Radeon R7 370
  • Ram: Kingston HyperX Beast 16gb DDR3
  • PSU: 850-watts something I think (probably corsair)

Best regards

Sigge

Sounds legit? But how did it die so suddenly?

Edit: The fans on the card is spinning and GPU Z recognizes it, I'm very scaptical that the card is dead

On 9/18/2021 at 9:06 AM, Mr. Pirate said:

Sounds legit? But how did it die so suddenly?

Edit: The fans on the card is spinning and GPU Z recognizes it, I'm very scaptical that the card is dead

Are you sure you installed the correct display drivers? It's a stupid question but it could explain the black screen (not the BSOD)