Flashed BIOS now doesn't properly recognize boot drive

DrunkPenguinz

I'd been getting some blue screens lately, and I suspected it might be the BIOS on my MOBO (MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS), since it gave me some issues when I first installed it. After flashing the BIOS through a USB drive, whenever I boot through UEFI, it doesn't recognize any drives as a potential boot drive. In the BIOS, it does recognize there is storage, but won't allow me to actually select any of them. So then I tried booting from CSM, and the only drive it recognizes under the Boot Priority is not the main boot drive.

The difference through CSM is I can manually pick my NVME boot drive right before I enter the BIOS. The issue is, when I actually go into the BIOS, the only drive the Boot Priority recognizes is a non-boot drive. Even if I manually select my NVME drive (which takes multiple restarts before it will actually boot through it), when I boot windows, it resets my settings on most applications to their default settings.

When I first installed this MOBO a couple of months ago, I had a similar issue with trying to get it to recognize drives, but after flashing the BIOS, it seems to have gotten a lot worse. This is the second day it's done this (I put my PC to sleep, and this issue arose yet again). I managed to boot into Windows, and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do within windows to try and fix this.

PXL_20210822_140629763.jpg

PXL_20210822_140746724.jpg

PXL_20210822_141254011.jpg

PXL_20210822_141440477.jpg

• 9 months later...

Did you ever find a fix for this? I'm having the same problem but can't boot into windows at all. Flashed bios on the same motherboard as your own.