[Build Progress] Got my GPU! 19/08/2021

afaq0

This isn't a full build log but mainly just an progress log for myself 馃槃

A few days ago, I got my RX 6600 XT MSI Gaming X (at MSRP!), which is a solid upgrade over my GTX 1060 6GB, that's been doing well for a few years now.聽

Ordered the Fractal Design Ion+ 560p PSU as an upgrade over the 450W Corsair PSU I previously had. Need to have a nice PSU for the GPU!

I've been using my Ryzen 5 1500X for some good time now and won't be making any big upgrades to the CPU yet. My friend kindly gave me his no longer used聽Ryzen 3 3100, which I will upgrade to for now after updating my BIOS聽(around 10%-20% performance increase I think). I'm also getting an Arctic Freezer A13 X for a quieter experience in comparison to the stock cooler.聽

In the past months, I have added a 1TB NVME M.2 SSD to the existing 256GB SSD and 1TB Hard Drive!聽

An upgrade to 3600mhz 16GB RAM over my previous 2XXXmhz 8GB RAM was also made (even though I cannot use the full speed yet)

I聽also replaced two of the louder front fans with quieter Arctic fans and it's been good!

Around 2 years ago, I replaced the back fan with a Noctua Fan for improved airflow.聽

In the future, I will probably upgrade my motherboard to a mATX B550 and get a Ryzen 5 5600X.

Getting ready for Battlefield 2042 and playing more games with increased amazingness.

(Current laptop is a Dell 2 in 1 with Ryzen 5 5500U like the XPS)聽聽

nice gpu聽

me with gtx 570, ryzen 5 3400g, a320m-s2h

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3400G @ 3.1 GHZ, RAM: Teamgroup elite 12gb DDR4 @3200mhz, MOBO: GA-A320M-S2H v1, GPU: Gigabyte Rtx 3060 OC 12 GB, CASE: Old Antec one i found, PSU: CV750 Corsair

7 minutes ago, Phantomcorgi94 said:

nice gpu聽

Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Phantomcorgi94 said:

me with gtx 570, ryzen 5 3400g, a320m-s2h

That's an interesting combination.聽Your CPU is pretty solid and could game pretty well on its own too!聽It's also pretty capable allowing you to upgrade to many GPUs without large bottlenecks.

Nice build!聽

• 1 year later...

Doing a quick update!

A few days ago, I got my Ryzen 5 5600, which is a huge upgrade; performance is amazing 馃槃聽(Thanks AM4 Socket)

For cooling, I got the聽Noctua NH-U12A聽to cool the CPU and it does a great job!! Impressive numbers.聽

I've added a Samsung 2TB SSD because I was running a little low on storage 馃槄

Replaced my front fans with Noctua fans because...uhhhh...

That's it for now!