searching for solution to mic problems

hi guys,

i've got some annoying problems with my current mic or more likely my microphone inputs of my pc (using onboard sound).

every mic i have has a very noticeable background hiss which can be lowered within the recording devices manager but then no one i'm talking with can't hear me because then my voice is too quiet.

so i thought because my headset broke, and is glued together atm, i could just replace it with a decent pair of headphones and a standalone mic, but i don't know which to choose.

i have only a limited budget (max 60 €, ca 70 US$) and i think it should be an usb mic because of my defective inputs.

the options i have, are a "t.bone sc440 usb" (60€) are any other options you guys can suggest, maybe a usb soundcard/3.5mm mic combo?

some useful suggestions or tips would be highly appreciated.

hi guys,

i've got some annoying problems with my current mic or more likely my microphone inputs of my pc (using onboard sound).

every mic i have has a very noticeable background hiss which can be lowered within the recording devices manager but then no one i'm talking with can't hear me because then my voice is too quiet.

so i thought because my headset broke, and is glued together atm, i could just replace it with a decent pair of headphones and a standalone mic, but i don't know which to choose.

i have only a limited budget (max 60 €, ca 70 US$) and i think it should be an usb mic because of my defective inputs.

the options i have, are a "t.bone sc440 usb" (60€) are any other options you guys can suggest, maybe a usb soundcard/3.5mm mic combo?

some useful suggestions or tips would be highly appreciated.

BlueMic Snowball is an awesome USB mic. Using it daily and even used it for podcasting. Awesome quality and should be well within your budget.

Funny enough, the cheapest ones I found at Apple.com. Go look for them, they're awesome ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

BlueMic Snowball is an awesome USB mic. Using it daily and even used it for podcasting. Awesome quality and should be well within your budget.

Funny enough, the cheapest ones I found at Apple.com. Go look for them, they're awesome ^^

do you mean the regular or ICE one? if its the first, it's way over my budget.

I remember when I had realtek ac97 audio I would get a lot of hiss, although it could of been the cheap HP motherboard or power supply.

Blue mics are usually pretty expensive in Europe. I think Audio Technica as a good one but I forgot what it's called. Samson Meteor is suppose to be good too. 

yeah, so the snowball is around 80€, too much for me at this time and the only audio technica i found that has usb is the at2020 at around 130€ ...

yeah, so the snowball is around 80€, too much for me at this time and the only audio technica i found that has usb is the at2020 at around 130€ ...

Hmm, k, sry then, payed 80Chf for mine which is about 62€ so I thought it'd be within your budget ^^'

Have you checked your countrys apple online store? Found the Snowballs to be the cheapest there by far.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Perhaps CAD U37. I know someone on this forum uses it so it must be pretty good. 

Hmm, k, sry then, payed 80Chf for mine which is about 62€ so I thought it'd be within your budget ^^'

Have you checked your countrys apple online store? Found the Snowballs to be the cheapest there by far.

its a little bit cheaper but not enough

Perhaps CAD U37. I know someone on this forum uses it so it must be pretty good. 

not available for me, only import for 130+

so i think im gonna go and give the tbone a try

its a little bit cheaper but not enough

not available for me, only import for 130+

so i think im gonna go and give the tbone a try

Have you looked at the Samson Meteor yet?

Have you looked at the Samson Meteor yet?

yup, retailers that have it available charge 70€, every other one that has it cheaper doesn't have it available until july

yup, retailers that have it available charge 70€, every other one that has it cheaper doesn't have it available until july

That would probably be the best one to go for.