Problem with Hyperx Quadcast Mic

DeadEyeJJ
Go to solution Solved by da na,

It’s def a grounding issue. Is that a USB mic or XLR? I would assume the mic grounds to the casing and there’s something quite wrong with the voltage converter. To explain, I assume it’s USB, many mics need what’s called phantom power, especially cardioid condenser mica like that. For xlr it’s over the cable, but for usb power there’s an internal chip that steps it up from 5 volts to 48. Seems like you’re getting 48 volts 2 amps straight to the finger. Ask hyperx if you can get it replaced bc that’s a legit problem that’s not your fault.

I have had this mic for about 3 months, and the past week it has been electrocuting me, its hard to explain in text, when putting my finger or wrist on any of the three spots marked on the attached image, it gives me a weird feeling in my finger, like a bit of electricity is going through my finger. But putting my wrist on the red gridded area hurts, like getting poked by a needle.

Idk if I did something to the mic or its broken, what could the cause be and how can I fix it, or should I get it replaced?

Dwas.png

It’s def a grounding issue. Is that a USB mic or XLR? I would assume the mic grounds to the casing and there’s something quite wrong with the voltage converter. To explain, I assume it’s USB, many mics need what’s called phantom power, especially cardioid condenser mica like that. For xlr it’s over the cable, but for usb power there’s an internal chip that steps it up from 5 volts to 48. Seems like you’re getting 48 volts 2 amps straight to the finger. Ask hyperx if you can get it replaced bc that’s a legit problem that’s not your fault.

9 hours ago, Mel0nMan said:

Ok, thanks I will try to get it replaced