MSI Mainboard won't boot. VGA LED lights up but GPU apparently not at fault. Help!

Evann
Go to solution Solved by Evann,

Resolved: Old Sata SSD (not bootdrive) caused Problems and messed everything up. Disconnecting fixed everything

Hello there,

My Problem:

My PC (about 2 years old) won't boot anymore. When i start it up it either blackscreens and does nothing, or i see the MSI Logo with "press F11 for Boot Menu" etc. but it wont react to keyboard input and doesnt do anything from there.

My System: 

MSI mpg b550 gaming plus

Ryzen 7 3700X

16GB DDR4 

AMD Sapphire R9 Fury

bequiet! PurePower 630W

What i tried: 

When starting up the PC, the VGA LED on my Mainboard lights up and stays lit, so i thought my old R9 Fury was the Problem. I swapped it out with an old R7 i had lying around, but the same problem continued. PC won't boot and VGA LED stays lit. I can, however, still use the BIOS or BootMenu if i press the buttons fast enough at the beginning. I can use the Bios without any problems on both GPUs. But it always gets stuck when i want to boot anything. I tried to boot from my Samsung 970 EVO (Windows), a live Linux Stick and a Windows installation stick. Nothing worked. 

I cleared CMOS by removing the battery, without improvement.

I also flashed my BIOS to the newest Version, without improvement.

EDIT: Not sure if that matters, but i believe it all startet with a Windows Update a couple days ago, i noticed it because the PC was still running in the morning on the next day because it failed to reboot at night.

And another note: I used to get the PC to boot ONCE yesterday. After trying everything stated above and restarting a trillion times Windows bootet a single time without a problem, after using it for a couple hours and then restarting, the booting failed again.

Any Ideas?

Thanks very much in advance!

Dylan

Resolved: Old Sata SSD (not bootdrive) caused Problems and messed everything up. Disconnecting fixed everything