Memtest and Memory Diagnostic error

Consul

Hello,

So in late June, I started getting blue screens and after searching for solutions, I realized that I needed to do few things to understand what it was about. One solution was to check for memory errors. I did both memtest and memory diagnostic error checks and both gave me errors. I decided to buy new RAM in hopes of solving the issue. I did memory tests on new RAM sticks when I first got them and there were no issues so I thought that the problem was solved.

However, just recently and again, my games have been crashing frequently after around 15 minutes of play and I did memory check again on my new RAMs and it gives me errors. I have a feeling on why this is happening but I'm not sure if that is why. I upgraded my internet recently and they gave me a new modem. While installing it, I accidentally turned off the outlet where my PC was plugged in and during that, my PC was on. So is it possible if my motherboard has been damaged? I can use the PC just fine without gaming but playing games is not possible to a certain point. Especially the fact that my new RAM sticks are giving errors after a while, I feel like motherboard is having problems.

What do you guys think?

My specs are:

Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k

GPU: ASUS TUF 3070

RAM: G.SKILL RipjawsV 8x2: 16GB RAM @ 3200MHz (XMP is on)

PSU: Corsair TX750M

EDIT: 

I also had issues with my motherboard earlier this year where I wanted to redo the thermal paste and I wanted to get the CPU out to clean it properly. While getting the CPU out (and I cleaned the paste off it before taking it out) the previously applied paste on the sides of the CPU spilled on the pins on the board. I got it fixed by sending it to the official MSI service in my country, so it works now.

6 minutes ago, Consul said:

While installing it, I accidentally turned off the outlet where my PC was plugged in and during that, my PC was on. So is it possible if my motherboard has been damaged?

Unlikely, unless your power supply and motherboard are low quality.

But since you didn't list your full system specs (hint hint) I can only speculate

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Unlikely, unless your power supply and motherboard are low quality.

But since you didn't list your full system specs (hint hint) I can only speculate

Just added specs.

16 minutes ago, Consul said:

G.SKILL

I've had terrible luck with G.Skill to the point I refuse to use their RAM any more.

WHat did you have prior to these?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I've had terrible luck with G.Skill to the point I refuse to use their RAM any more.

WHat did you have prior to these?

I had this one:

VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Red (corsair.com)

I also had issues with my motherboard earlier this year where I wanted to redo the thermal paste and I wanted to get the CPU out to clean it properly. While getting the CPU out (and I cleaned the paste off it before taking it out) the previously applied paste on the sides spilled on the pins on the board.

I got it fixed through official MSI service in my country, so it works now.

4 minutes ago, Consul said:

I had this one:

VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15 Memory Kit - Red (corsair.com)

I also had issues with my motherboard earlier this year where I wanted to redo the thermal paste and I wanted to get the CPU out to clean it properly. While getting the CPU out (and I cleaned the paste off it before taking it out) the previously applied paste on the sides spilled on the pins on the board.

I got it fixed through official MSI service in my country, so it works now.

Are you running XMP perchance?

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Are you running XMP perchance?

Yes I am.

Just now, Consul said:

Yes I am.

Turn that off. XMP causes more problems than it solves.

Also, your CPU only supports DDR4-2666 for RAM speeds, anything else is wasted.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Turn that off. XMP causes more problems than it solves.

Also, your CPU only supports DDR4-2666 for RAM speeds, anything else is wasted.

I have used XMP for a very long time (ever since I had this CPU), had no problems. I'll disable it and do a memory test. Will post it here.

No issues with memory diagnostics. Seems like the problem is solved and was caused by XMP'ing the RAM to 3200MHz. I will however overclock it to 2666MHz and try it that way since my CPU supports it.