Underwhelming performance in RL - am I missing anything?

Puszek

Hello everyone,

I have been playing RL for nearly a year now and I feel like my PC is not performing as it should. I would like to share my case and hope that someone would be able to help me

Rig details:

r5 3600 at 4.2GHz all core

B450M DS3H (newest bios)
rtx3060 stock
Ballistix Sport LT, DDR4, 16 GB, 3000MHz, CL15 - OC at 3200MHz

ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 512GB m.2 (game directory is on ssd)

LG27GL850-B + LG27GL650F-B

SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 650W

Some time ago I had only GL650F and 5600xt and I was able to run RL at 1080p just fine with 144 FPS locked. Then I bought additional GL850-B and started to play on 1440p - with settings not maxed out I was able to maintain ~140 FPS on 5600xt. After that I have moved to 3060 and I was able to crank up in-game settings to max and be able to play without dropping below 100 fps to often (those micro stutters...). However lately I felt like my FPS is not stable and I have started to look into it. In 2v2 everything works mostly fine, but I will do get occasional stutter just before hitting the ball or bumping into someone + usual stutters when save/goal happens. 

In 3v3 I have been experiencing silly jumps in performance (screenshot was taken to not display drops after goals etc):

image.thumb.png.5f4106abd4cf8ba8d101b94ec454cb12.png

Sometimes the game would run at 140 for 20 seconds, then drop to 70-80 for 10 seconds and then comes back up (so random that I do not have SS for it). I have been trying to optimize my build for low latency/high FPS but I think that 3060 should not drop frames below 100@1440p even at ultra, right? I have bought aftermarket air cooler and OC'ed my CPU to check if it would help - not really. Sometimes game runs well, sometimes it is 'unplayable from pc master race perspective' as seen on SS. I have tried to run game using epic and steam client - not much difference

nVidia settings:
sharpening on
ambient occlusion - performance

FXAA - off

Cuda - All

DSR - off

Low latency mode - on

Max FPS - 144

G-Sync compatible (tried different settings for that, currently it is set ON on GL850 for windowed and fullscreen, and off on GL650, freesync was better on those screens)

Power mode - max perf

Shader cache - off (tried both settings with conjunction to other tweaking, can't say for sure if it should be on or off)

Texture filtering quality - performance (had it on Quality but I was playing with it lately)

VSync - currently off, but I think Fast works quite good

PhysyX - set to GPU

RL settings:

everything max, motion blur off, FXAA High

Resource usage during gameplay: 

CPU 13-22%

GPU 65%

Other:

Win10 - fully updated

Malwarebytes scan - no threats found

No stupid background processes running except GeForce experience for instant reply thingy

Every benchmark I have checked seems to be running way smoother that what I am experiencing. Is this really expected performance or am I doing something wrong? Is 3600 bottlenecking 3060? I can swap it for 3070 if you will tell me I will get more consistent framerates, but I would rather not swap CPU before next gen seeing that OC gave me next to nothing (ye ye I know it would be better with 5900x but I won't put it in that mobo and swapping 3600 for 5600 seems like a low bang for the buck upgrade path) 

My friend is able to run RL smoother than me on i5-6700 + the same model of 3060 on UW 1440p screen. Another friend is able to have locked 144 fps on laptop with 5800h + 1660Ti however on 1080p. I am the only one experiencing so much stutter, fps drops and overall inconsistency. I have tried to revert MOBO to default values, reinstall drivers, game, steam, epic. I am toying with nVidia settings all the time but can't seem to find anything that would explain why it is running like that.

Any idea on what to check next will be appreciated ! I am open to suggestions like "you need 2000$ CPU to run this game smoothly at 140 fps!" since I am planning on making my next PC a monster and maybe I have overlooked something or was not informed enough (or too poor when building this PC)

Have a great day!