(Yamakasi 301 Sparta) Trying to find a new power adapter for this older Korean monitor

Pgunrah

Hey all. Relative forum newbie here from the UK. I have followed the main channels, etc. For a long time now.

I've pulled one of my old, Korean imported, 30" IPS displays out of storage and it seems like the power supply is rattling + the power LED on the brick is pulsing, which is forcing the monitor to quickly repeat powering on and off. Initially the monitor turned on fine, but after about 30 seconds, it seems like the power adapter can't keep up and then the cycles start.

I can't find anywhere online (in English) to buy a new/replacement of the 24v 7A SQ-16824 LOADUS power supply. I appreciate this monitor has got to be pushing 10 years old+ by now... Is it worth trying to find one with shipping from far afield, or should I simply bin this monitor?

I'm loathed to do that, as it feels like a waste. But I can't really sell it on, either.

Opinions hugely welcomed.

On 6/23/2021 at 5:02 PM, tkitch said:

What're the specs of the monitor?  That'll make a significant difference.

https://www.amazon.com/UPBRIGHT-YAMAKASI-SQ-16824-Power-Supply/dp/B01LYBRBFR

If a replacement brick is 40+ bucks (US) that'll be a compelling vote towards "bin the 10 year old screen.

2560 x 1600 resolution
CCFL Back light
S-IPS Panel

Dual Link DVI Only Monitor

Display
Type: LCD
Panel: S-IPS
Screen Size: 30" (16:10)
Resolution: 2560 x 1600(WQHD)
Brightness: 380 cd/m2
Response Time: 6ms
Static Contrast Ratio: 700:1
Viewing Angle: 178°/178°
Colour Support: 16.7M

Annoyingly, being in the UK, that amazon link is $49.99 + $34.98 shipping.  That's over £60 just for the ability to test if it's the power supply causing the issue. 😅 I'll have a shit time if I want to return it back to the States.

I was only looking to sell it anyway. Looking around some deal sites online; I am better off chucking it and getting some new tech when I actually need a new dedicated monitor. As it stands, the PC is in the living room on the 55" 4k 60Hz anyway.