Laptop cannot boot from SSD

Neld

Hi LTT community,

I'm reaching out for a hand regarding an issue I cannot troubleshoot. There's an old ASUS X555LB in my family that has not been performing well recently (it's used for office purposes, no magic is expected).

After running some diagnostics, I found out that the HDD was not in a good shape, so I decided to replace it to an SSD (SATA).

After replacing the HDD to a new SSD, I run the latest Windows installer from a USB, everything seems fine. After finishing the installation, the computer restarts, but cannot boot from the SSD. It's visible in bios, but it cannot boot from it.

On another computer I could check that the installation was successful, the Windows seems to be fine.

After looking up some solutions, I realized that there are a few options missing from the bios, and I cannot troubleshoot it. BIOS version is the latest (https://www.asus.com/us/SupportOnly/X555LB/HelpDesk_BIOS/)

Any ideas please? Thanks in advance.

08d4280c-83d3-4e10-aa55-b310614c3e92.jpg

13b9e3ac-9733-4473-8323-f2c8c970a283.jpg

51feaed8-0f06-404f-b334-7636cc61f703.jpg

0a74fae5-b440-4506-95a4-018ce6973d8b.jpg

I did try that, didn't work unfortunately.

No, I was also looking for it (some tutorials suggested).

download sata/raid drivers for your computer, unpack them and put them on the install flashdrive.. during win 10 installation when you are selecting what disk to use load those drivers. and then install win 10... 

is there a CDROM in your drive? 

AHCI Mode was active while installing? 

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite,  Ryzen 9 3900x, Dark Rock Pro 4, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix  RGB 3600 MHz CL16 RAM, RTX 3080 TI FE Watercooled, 6 Case Fans,  Fractal Design Meshify S2

You are awesome, stay safe and healthy.